Saturday, June 10, 2017

Thursday June 8

I know it has been a long time since I've posted.   A lot had gone on since my last post.  I'm at a loss for words.

Long story short....the beginning of may I was in the hospital getting ready to be discharged.   All of a sudden I couldn't breathe.   I looked up and saw the aide.   I told him I can't breathe and that's all I remember.   The next few days were a complete blurr.   I was in the icu.    I remember holding Colin's hand and it happening again.  Everything in my body froze and I couldn't breathe.   I don't remember anything except for him telling me it would be ok.  He was squeezing my hand and rubbing it.  That's the last thing i remember.  

I woke up a day or two later.   They tried to explain to me what happened but I still don't understand.   Something about too much fluid around my heart.  No one can explain how or why.  They have explained it to me multiple times but I still can't comprehend what I'm being told.  Basically it is called flash pulmonary adema.  It's when your lungs fill up with fluid.   So I was basically drowning myself.   

I have been doing better.  My lungs are clear.  I have been feeling better.  Last week I started having issues with my head being heavy.   They did an MRI and found a spot.  They don't know what the spot is so they did a lumbar puncture yesterday to try and determine what it is.   It was not a very comfortable procedure but I did it.  We aren't going to get the results back until after the weekend of course.  I will post more when we learn more.   Sorry again for being mia.  

5 comments:

  1. hang in there! thinking positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending you all my love and prayers, Heather. ♡ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you so often Heather, keeping you and colin and your families in my prayers. Praying for strength, answers, and courage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of you so often Heather, keeping you and colin and your families in my prayers. Praying for strength, answers, and courage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sling tv is the best live streaming source and also the Top American internet Television which was owned by Dish Network

    ReplyDelete