Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday April 17

I was discharged from Pittsburgh on Wednesday.   They gave me a couple of iv supplements and we were discharged around 3.  We made it back home to Lancaster in about 4 hours.  I was not having a good day.  I cried most of the drive home and cried when we got home.  I'm not even sure I know why I was crying. I was just an emotional wreck.   Colin was finally able to calm me down and I went to bed.

I woke up Thursday morning and was feeling exhausted and had little energy.  I hung around the house and spent the majority of the day in bed.  The traveling on Wednesday and the emotions got the best of me.  I went to my parents in the afternoon,  I took a nap and watched tv and hung out.  I was supposed to go with shawn and Courtney to their tasting for the wedding but couldn't make it because I had to wait on the home nurse to come do bloodwork.   She was supposed to be there at 4:30 but didn't get there until close to 7.  There was apparently an accident on the highway and she was stuck in traffic.   She came and did my labs and evaluated me.  She didn't leave til close to 8.  After she left shawn and Courtney brought me some leftovers from their tasting and she brought
over the cake samples too from the her appointment with the cake lady.  The food was really good and the cake was amazing!   After we hung out and snacked Courtney took me back home.   I put on my pjs and went straight to bed.  

I woke up Friday and was really exhausted.  More so than I was on Thursday.  I took my meds and layed in bed.   Around lunch I really started feeling bad.  I took my temp and it was 101.3.  We callled the coordinator and she sent us to the er.  We drove to LGH and they took us right back.  The doctors in the er were in constant contact with the Pittsburgh doctors.  They did some testing and it was determined that I have fungal pneumonia.  They were treating me for bacterial pneumonia.  I was admitted to the hospital.  They got me a room fairly quick and once I was settled and everything was in place Colin left and I relaxed (hahahaha) and went to bed.

Saturday was pretty uneventful.  Mom and Dad came to visit and were here bright and early.  Mom stayed most of the morning and dad picked her up around lunch.  Colin got to the hospital around 6am.  He hung out with me all day.  He went home around dinner.  Amber came to visit and brought me a milkshake!!!   It was delicious!!!   Brynn stopped in for a visit too.  It was a nice surprise.   That's one of the things that will be nice about being back in Lancaster.  I'm surrounded by my family and friends and if I need anything they are all so supportive and close by.  It can give Colin a little bit of a break.

Sunday - Happy Easter!!   I had a very uneventful Easter.  I had an egg sandwich for breakfast.  It's so different here.  You can't call and order a tray.  You have someone who comes to the room and gives you a few choices so there's really no variety at all.  Colin was here bright and early.  He sat with me in the morning and we watched tv and took a couple of walks.  Cyndee came in before lunch and brought me my favorite jelly beans for Easter.  I was excited!  The two of them stayed for a couple of hours and then went home after lunch.  I had ham and mashed potatoes and green beans.  They also added an Easter surprise to the tray with a homemade peanut butter egg.  I ate half of it.  I took a nap in the afternoon because I was so exhausted.  The doctors made their rounds and basically said they aren't changing anything right now. They want to see how I respond to the meds and the regimen they have me on.  They are keeping me for observation.  Dinner came around 4.  It was terrible.  It was some sort of Salisbury steak.  I couldn't eat it.  I called Colin and he and Cyndee brought me a kids meal and frosty from Wendy's.  I ate dinner and they left to go grab something to eat.  I layed down and watched the naked and afraid marathon that was on discovery.  I got all caught up.  As far as how I'm feeling-  I feel good for the most part.  I have a lot of chest pain from the pneumonia.  They are managing the pain but not enough that I could go home.  I went to bed for the night.

Monday - Colin came in around 6 this morning.  He stayed and hung out until 9 or so.  My mom came in to visit.  She stayed until after lunch.  I spent the morning in pain.  I did two laps around the nurses station to keep moving.  I still haven't seen the doctor yet and it's close to 3.  Not sure why it takes them so long.  Mom left around 2 so I'm here by myself but I'm going to try and take a nap since all my meds are caught up and I'm on my own.  Hopefully I can catch a little sleep.  I will try to post an update when I get one.   Have a good evening! 

1 comment:

  1. ConvaTec is a global medical products and technologies company, We are providing Like...therapeutics, ostomy care, continence and critical care, and infusion devices etc...

    colostomy surgery
    ostomy appliance
    colostomy bag care
    ostomy
    colostomy bag price in india

    ReplyDelete