Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tuesday April 11

A lot has been going on the past week and I'm sorry for not keeping up with my blog.  Here's the latest and greatest.....

Last Saturday we officially moved back to Lancaster.  Brooke, David, Max, Gray, Libby, Quinn, Phenix and Ireland all came to help us move.  They had the truck loaded and ready to go in about an hour.  They left the bed so that I would have somewhere to sleep.  Quinn and Phenix went to their hotel to check in and get ready for dinner.  We had no food so we made plans to go to dinner as a family.  We ended up at a hibachi restaurant.   It was a lot of fun being able to spend time together.  We don't get the opportunity very often.  Ireland is the cutest little girl ever.   The fire and flames didn't bother her at all.  After dinner we stopped at Pages and got ice cream.   

We all headed back to the apartment and the kids, Quinn and Colin played bean boozled.   It's the jelly belly game where you spin and land on a color.  You have to pick a jelly bean of that color and you either get a good flavor like pear or a horrible one like vomit.   You aren't allowed to spit it out or throw it up or you lose.   It's fun to watch the reactions on people's faces.   After they were done Quinn and Phenix left and we all went to bed.  

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early.  We went to Eat N Park for breakfast.  We went back to the apartment and loaded the bed and all the rest of the stuff onto the moving truck.  Once everything was out of the apartment we cleaned.  Brooke was a cleaning machine.  Her and Colin had the apartment spic and span in no time at all.  We loaded up the cars and our little convoy left.  I rode with Brooke in the mini van and Colin took Grayson with him.  The ride home was uneventful.  It's a boring drive but Brooke and I talked the whole way.  We stopped at a rest stop once and grabbed Burger King for lunch.  We ate our lunch in the car.  

We made it home in under four hours.  When we got there, they started unloading the truck and I layed on the couch with Libby and watched a movie.  Colin had organized and unloaded everything with the help of his friends who are the best!!   We couldn't have done it without them!!!   They helped unload everything and hang the tvs and re-arranged furniture.  It was a lot of hard work.  They made our lives so much easier.  Thank you guys!!!

Colin dropped me off at my mom's and I stayed there for the night.  It was overwhelming and Colin didn't want me stressing.  I spent three nights at my Parents.  I went home and started to slowly tackle my clothing and put stuff away and organize it.  

I didn't do much during the week.  I was too exhausted.  It was a pretty quiet week.   On Saturday I started getting chest pains that feel like side stitches.  Colin was camping and I was home with Cyndee.  I let her know what was going on and she kept checking on me.  The pains were becoming more frequent.  Sunday morning my parents came and picked me up and took me to breakfast.  After breakfast they dropped me off at home.  I layed down and took a nap.  I woke up and ate lunch.  I started to feel flush so I took my temperature and had a low grade fever.  I called my parents and packed a bag in case I needed it.  My mom came and picked me up.  The twins were playing football at the rec center which was on our way home so we stopped and watched them play for a little bit.  Their team was really good.   I had fun watching them.  We left the game and when we got to the house I reclined on the couch and watched tv.  I took my temp again and it was going up.  I waited a little longer and took it again.  It spiked up to 102.2 so I called my transplant coordinator.  She sent me to the local emergency room LGH.  Colin picked me up and we were taken back immediately.  I gave them the rundown of my history and Dr. Cruz's number so that they could communicate about what to do.  They sent me for a CT scan.  The doctor came in about an hour after and said that I had pneumonia and an infection.  They tried getting blood out of my picc line but there was no blood return.  They looked at the placement and the wire was inverted in my neck and flipped.  They had to give me an iv peripherally to get the antibiotics running.  The doctor from LGH called and spoke to Dr. Cruz and they wanted me transported to Pittsburgh so that they could have a handle on things.  Next thing I know, the nurse comes in and tells me that they don't want to transport me in an ambulance because it will take too long and that I am being flown to Pittsburgh in a helicopter.  About a minute later I was being moved from my bed to a gurney and was being slid into a helicopter on the roof.  It was a crystal clear sky and the moon was full.  It was a gorgeous ride.  It took about three hours to get to Pittsburgh.  The helicopter medics took me to my room and I said goodbye and got settled.  Colin drove to Pittsburgh but he had to go home and pack bags for both of us so we had something to change into since we can't just run back to the apartment.  He got to the hospital around 4.  

The doctors made their rounds in the morning.  They put me on three antibiotics and scheduled me for a picc line exchange in case there is infection in the line.  Everything else looks good with the exception of the pneumonia and the fever.  About an hour after they made their rounds I was taken downstairs to get the picc exchange.  They had to move it from my right arm to my left.  It was a quick and painless procedure.  

Today the doctors made their rounds.  All my labs are
good.  I am low on potassium so they are giving it to me in an iv.  They are going to talk to the oncologist about rescheduling my PET scan and procedure because of the pneumonia.  They are afraid to get a false reading if the pneumonia isn't gone yet.  We should know more tomorrow hopefully. I haven't had a fever since yesterday around 6pm.  I still have chest pain but it's the pneumonia.  The doctors are saying that as long as I don't have a fever today I can possibly be discharged tomorrow.  Praying for no fever and to get some of my strength back.  That would be awesome!!  I will update when I have more info.   Have a good day!!  

1 comment: