Saturday, April 1, 2017

Friday March 31

Thursday- I was up all night between getting meds, taking my vitals and trying to be comfortable.  Bill came in around 6.  He said everything on my labs looked good.  My platelets were low so they were going to give me a unit of blood.  He said they would be back to make their rounds.  I ordered my breakfast tray and then Colin and I went for a walk to go get some hot chocolate.  We got back and my breakfast tray was there.   I had some French toast and yogurt.   

After I had breakfast the team made their rounds.  Dr. Lopez (a newer doctor to the team) made the rounds.  He confirmed me getting blood and said everything looks good and they will probably discharge me tomorrow.  I got my blood.   Walked twice more.  Had visitors for a little bit which was awesome.  My friend Patty and her husband Bill stopped after her appointment and hung out for a little bit.   Watched tv and that was about it for the day.

Friday- had a little better night's sleep:  I wasn't being interrupted as much as the previous.   Bill came around 6 again and said that everything was good on my labs and if I'm ready I can go home.  I told him I was ready to go.  He said he would get all of the paperwork together and that we could leave once all my iv antibiotics etc were done.  It took until about noon and we were discharged.  We came back to the apartment and did some packing.  Colin started packing throughout the week and had almost everything done.  It was nice not having to worry or stress over packing. He did a lot!!!   We had dinner around 6 and after dinner I went to the bedroom and laid down.  Colin checked on me a couple of times.  I finally fell asleep after 10.  I was up and down a lot which is normal for me.   Saturday is a big day for packing up the truck. I will keep you posted!

1 comment: