Thursday, April 20, 2017

Friday April 21

I've been in the hospital at LGH since before Easter.  We have been in a holding pattern basically to see what the next step is.  

Around lunch the nurse took my vitals and I had a slight fever 100.7.   She came back about a half hour
Later and it spiked up to 102.4.  We called the transplant coordinator and they said I needed to go
back to Pittsburgh.  They were transporting me that evening.  We got news around 7pm that they didn't have any available beds and that we would have to wait until tomorrow.  

Well...today is Friday.  I waited all day for news on being transported.  Mom came in in the morning and hung out with me and we had lunch.  She stayed for a couple of hours to keep me company.  She left around 2 or so.  She had to go home and get ready for work.  After she left we finally got news that they had a bed available.  They just needed to coordinate transport.  They said it could take a few hours/. I waited a while:  Around 4:30 the nurse came in and said that they called and should be here around 7:30.  I ate my dinner (chicken parm w/penne pasta) and got all my things organized and packed up.  Colin had taken the majority of it home with him yesterday to be ahead of the game so I didn't have much to do.  At 7:30 the nurse gave me my meds.  The ambulance still wasn't here yet:  I watched tv for a little bit and a little after 8 the emt came to my room.  They put me on a stretcher and off we went.  We just left and he said it would take a little over 4 hours to get there.  I'm in the ambulance and headed to Pittsburgh.  Wish me safe travels and good luck!!!  

  

5 comments:

  1. Such a nice blog and very nice you work and sharing this wonderful article about blood test services.
    Such a nice article.


    cheapest blood tests

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you i did really need this topic you share a very nice information about the discountlabs it's great work.



    discountlabs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing . People who find it really difficult to live life normally after Ostomy may also take help from the Ostomy bag that you can wear inside your cloths so that you can wear the dresses of your own choice without any tension.
    ostomy bag
    stoma care
    ileostomy bag
    urostomy bag
    ostomy care

    ReplyDelete
  4. sling tv is the best live streaming source and also the Top American internet Television which was owned by Dish Network

    ReplyDelete