Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday January 20

I had my third round of chemo last Thursday.  I was feeling pretty good up until Monday.  All my labs were good and my counts were good.   Tuesday I was really wiped out and fatigued.  Wednesday I was in pain on top of feeling like I was hit by a bus.   My white blood cell count plummeted and I had no energy at all.  It really took a toll on me.  

Thursday I woke up around 3am.  I had a huge swollen lip and my face was swollen.   I was in excruciating pain and extremely nauseous.  I also had a horrible headache.  The doctors made their rounds and ordered a bunch of tests to rule out any infection.  I spent the entire day in bed with my eyes closed because it hurt too much to have them open.   A little before dinner they came to take me for a ct scan.  After the scan I went back to my room.  I ate some chicken noodle soup and layed down.   

I woke up today not feeling well.  The doctors made their rounds.  They didn't find anything on the Ct scan so that was good.   They did however find an infection in my picc line.   They decided to do more bloodwork to check for the infection before they move the picc.  I also had to get a blood transfusion today because my counts were so low.  Now I'm waiting for the results of the culture to see if they are going to rewire my picc line or leave it.   I was told they are keeping me until Monday at the earliest.   Hopefully things will turn around over the weekend.   I will update you when I get a chance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment