Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tuesday January 24

Saturday, Sunday and Monday were pretty uneventful. Saturday night into Sunday I was extremely exhausted.   Every joint in my body ached.  I did not sleep at all.  I felt like I could feel my heartbeat in every single joint in my body.  It was a different kind of pain than I had ever felt before.  My nurse Becca (wonderful nurse!!!) was on the phone with the doctor and was working with him on pain management.   The good news is....I finished watching all the seasons of Shameless.  I finished season 7.  I can't wait to see what happens next!!!   I started a new series - this is us.   So far I'm liking it.  I even cried the first episode.   Hopefully it will keep me occupied for a little bit.

Each day I was in the hospital they did lab work.  I was on neutropenic precautions which meant no one could enter my room without wearing a mask.  The precautions were lifted on Sunday because my counts and levels were on an upward trend.  Each day the counts were better and I was feeling a little better.  

Today is Tuesday.  The doctors made their rounds this morning and said if I was feeling up to it I could go home.  I jumped at the chance.  I just want to be comfortable and sleep in my own bed.  

We were discharged around 1 and home by 1:30.  I'm so glad to be home.   We go back to the hospital on Friday to clinic for labs.  As long as everything goes well we are getting company this weekend and I'm super excited!!!   Hopefully I will stay on the upward trend.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I will update later.  I hope you have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment