Saturday, January 14, 2017

Wednesday January 11

Once again I'm slacking.  I know.  

I was in the hospital until Friday.  Nothing too eventful.  I layed around and colored.  I watched some Shameless on Netflix.  I just wanted to go home.  They discharged us Friday around 3.  We stopped at the grocery store on the way home because the fridge was empty.  

We got a frozen pizza to have for dinner.  I put it in the oven and put my stuff away from the hospital.  Colin put away the groceries.  We ate dinner.  I took my meds and went to bed.

Saturday I got up, showered and got dressed.  I wanted to get out of the house so we went for a cosco trip.  I was so bored that we went up and down every aisle. They have so much stuff I never knew.  We ate lunch there too.   For under $5 Colin got a footlong hot dog and a drink and I got a BBQ beef brisket sandwich and a drink.   Not too bad!!!   We left Cosco and went home.   I took a nap.   Colin woke me up for dinner.  We ate and started watching a movie.   I got tired and went to bed.

Sunday I woke up and my back was killing me.  It was definitely a lazy day.   We were going to go to Cabelas for something to do but I was in pain and it was eight degrees outside so Colin didn't think it was a good idea for me to leave the house and do the steps.   I showered and we watched a movie.   I colored a little bit and then I went in to the bedroom and took a nap.  I curled up in my heated blanket and got comfy.  Colin came in and got me up and moving for dinner.   We watched tv for a little bit and I went to bed.  Pretty uneventful.

Monday we had clinic bright and early.  We were up at 5 and at the hospital by 6.   They drew labs and did blood work.  They gave me an antibiotic via iv that I can't take at home.   They also gave me mag because it was low.   The docs made their rounds and said everything looks good.   My G Tube was irritating me and was pulling out.   I showed it to Dr. Cruz and he said let's get rid of it.   He pulled it out and I immediately felt some relief.   It's now a pea size hole in my abdomen that should heal on its own from the inside out.  I was told it's going to leak when I eat or drink.  I'm ok with that for a couple of days because it was leaking with the tube in anyway.  After clinic Dr. Cruz said we could go home and he would see us back on Wednesday for another round of antibiotics.  We left clinic and went home.  When we got home we ate lunch, I took a nap and hung out in bed for a little bit.  I got up and we ate dinner.  I had put a pot roast in the crock pot.   It was really good.   After dinner we watched tv and went to bed.   Nothing too exciting.

Tuesday was pretty uneventful as well.  We ran to Target in the morning to get prescriptions and rented some movies at the Redbox.  I got Bridget Jones Baby.  It was cute.   Colin even sat and watched it with me.   We had leftovers for lunch.  I took a nap after lunch.  I just layed around the rest of the day.  We had leftovers for dinner.  After dinner we got a call from my transplant coordinator.   She told us they were scheduling my next chemo for Wednesday.  They may admit me today.  I told Colin and we packed a bag to be prepared.   We waited to hear back.   She called and said they were just going to admit me on Wednesday and to report to clinic in the morning at 6 and they would get me admitted from there.  I went to bed and set my alarm.

We woke up at 5 and headed to the hospital.  We were there by 6.  They drew labs and did bloodwork.  I colored while we waited.   There was a huge cluster and bed assignments screwed up.   We didn't get into a room until close to 4:30.  By that time it was too late to start the chemo.  I was so frustrated.  I got settled in my room.  Once I got settled Colin left and went home.  

Thursday morning I woke up.   The docs made their rounds.  Everything looks good on my labs.  They put the orders in for the chemo first thing in the morning.   Lunchtime came around and they still hadn't started my chemo.  We checked with the nurse and she checked on it.   We were told that the orders were messed up and had to be fixed.   We waited some more.  3:00 came around and still nothing.   Dr. Redner the oncologist came around to see how it was going and was told they hadn't started yet.  He was not happy.  Finally around 6, pharmacy sent up the chemo drugs.   The nurses that have to administer it were called.  The pharmacy didn't send all the meds so we had to wait some more.   Someone dropped the ball but they were all blaming it on each other.  No one was accepting responsibility.  I was in a fowl mood by the time they were able to start it.  They got started around 7:30 pm.  Colin stayed with me.  The chemo lasted hours and wasn't finished until close to 3am.   It was a really long evening.  I was miserable and frustrated.  Colin left and went home to get some sleep in bed instead of in the lovely hospital recliner.

Friday morning the docs made their rounds.   Everything looked good on my labs again.  Dr. Cruz and Bill were happy with everything.  Friday was a lazy day.   I was exhausted because I was up all night so I took a couple of cat naps.  I colored a little and watched Shameless.  Nothing exciting.  

Today I'm feeling like crap.   As Bill said......I've been hit by the chemo bus.  I didn't do anything today.  I'm a achy, tired and sore all over.   I'm in bed now and hopefully will get some sleep and feel better tomorrow.   I will post more later.   Sweet dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment