Thursday, January 5, 2017

Wednesday January 4

Monday morning after Christmas we had breakfast at Park City Diner with some of my favorite people - Jeremy, Janelle, Mason, Brynn and Rob.  It was nice to see them and to catch up.   Mason is getting so big!!  
 
After breakfast we got in the car and headed to Pittsburgh.  The ride was pretty uneventful.  We stopped twice but made it back to the apartment under 4 hours.  Once we got home, Colin unloaded the car and we put stuff away.   We ordered out for dinner because the fridge was empty and neither of us felt like cooking.  After dinner I took my meds and retired to the bedroom for the night.

Tuesday morning we had an appointment on 7 West.   They drew labs and blood.  My magnesium was low so they gave it to me via iv.  The doctors made their rounds and said everything looks good.  They want to wait on the PET scan results before they schedule the next chemo session.  The PET scan was scheduled for Friday.  We went to the grocery store on the way home.  We were away and I was in the hospital so our refrigerator was empty.  We got home from the store and put away the groceries.  I put on my pajamas and then made some broccoli casserole.  Colin made chili.  After we were done cooking we watched Suicide Squad.  After the movie I went to bed.   

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were uneventful.  We got company on Wednesday evening.   Our friends Matt and Pete came to the house for a quick visit and then they took Colin to dinner.   I was too exhausted to go with them so I stayed home while they went.  Other than that I spent those couple of days watching tv and coloring.   I managed to make some phone calls about my insurance and I even cleaned and organized the desk and all of our mail.  I did get a phone call from the scheduler, they didn't allot enough time on Friday for a full body PET scan so they rescheduled it for Tuesday.  

Saturday was New Year's Eve!!  We woke up and I was having a lot of pain.  I showered and changed into fresh pjs.   I sat in the living room for a while and watched tv.   I made pot pie in the crock pot for dinner.  I ate lunch (leftover tuna casserole) and watched tv.   After lunch I took a nap.  I woke up and had dinner.  After dinner we watched tv.  I ended up falling asleep on the couch around 7:30.  Colin woke me up, gave me my meds and I went to the bedroom and went to bed.   I'm a real partier!!!!   

New Year's Day-   Happy New Year!!!!!

2017 is going to be a good year!!!!

Woke up, ate my breakfast, took my meds, showered and got dressed.  Colin was in the kitchen getting lunch and dinner ready.  I went in the bedroom and set myself up to color.   I colored until lunchtime.  Colin made Cuban sandwiches in the Nuwave oven.   They were delicious!!  After lunch I took a nap.  I woke up close to dinner.   Colin set me up on the couch.  He made pork and sauerkraut in the crock pot with mashed potatoes.  Dinner was even better than lunch!! After dinner he cleaned up and we played Phase 10.   He kicked my butt as usual.  We played until about 8 and then I went in to bed.   

Monday morning I woke up and took my blood pressure.   It was really high 217/106 and my heart rate was 118.  I took my 6am meds.   About ten minutes after I took my meds I got really nauseous and threw up.  I checked my temperature and I didn't have a fever.  Colin called the small bowel coordinator on call and let her know what was going on.   She said to take another hydrolozine and call her back in a few hours.  I did and re-checked my pressure.  It was still on the high side.  We called back with an update.   I was feeling better, not great but better.   She said to keep an eye on things and call back if anything changes.  Colin had made lunch plans with Matt and Pete.  They were in the area so he invited them to come over.  He made hamburgers and coleslaw.   They came to the apartment and ate lunch.  I managed to drag myself out of bed and went into the kitchen to find something to eat.   I settled on chicken and rice soup and crackers.  I ate a little bit of it.  The nausea had pretty much gone away.  After I ate I sat on the couch and we watched James Bond.   Matt and Pete left around 4.  I watched tv for a couple hours.   I had dinner (ravioli) and took my meds.   I was exhausted so I got settled and went to bed.  

Tuesday we had clinic.   We got up at 5 and were at the hospital by 6. The nurse took my vitals and I had a low grade fever.  They drew my labs and we waited for the docs to make their rounds.   My mag was low so they gave me mag via iv.  Dr. Gonoza is on rotation so he saw me when they were making their rounds.  He told us that my cmv levels were elevated and he thinks that's why I had the fever.  My PET scan was at 3 at Hillman hospital so he said to go to that appointment and if I don't have a fever after it's ok to go home but if I have a fever I'm supposed to call and go straight to the er.  If I went home I was to go to clinic on Wednesday to get my labs drawn again and check my cmv levels.  I didn't have a fever after my scan so we headed home.   We stopped at UNO on the way home to get something to eat.  I couldn't eat all day so I was extremely hungry.  After dinner we went home and I put on my pjs and went to bed.  

Wednesday morning we went into clinic.  My blood pressure was high and I had a low grade fever again.   They drew my labs and we waited for the doctors to make their rounds.  Dr Gonoza came around and said that my cmv level is elevated and because I had a fever that they were going to admit me for observation.  Everything else on my labs look good.  They gave me antibiotics via iv and we hung out and waited for a room to come available.   We got a room around 3.  I got settled and colored for a while.   Colin went home. It was a long day.  I watched tv and colored until I fell asleep.  

I'm feeling better overall.  My back is still really painful.  I have pain in my abdomen still but I'm managing ok.  Things with the transplant itself are going really well.   Everything is functioning the way it should.  We are just waiting on the results of the PET scan so we know what the next step is as far as the cancer is concerned.   Hopefully we will get answers this week yet.   All good things are coming in 2017!!!! Happy New Year everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Heather you are so amazing. I was so glad you were able to come home for Christmas. Thankyou for taking the time to keep us posted on this blog. You are one special lady.

    ReplyDelete