Friday, December 30, 2016

Wednesday December 28

Christmas Eve was a good day.  I woke up, took my meds and showered.   I got dressed, ate my breakfast and got ready for the day.   

Around lunchtime my friend Kelly came to visit.   We talk at least oncea week but it's nopthing like seeing someone in person.   I really miss her.   My friend Linda also stopped for a visit.   I haven't seen her in over 15 years.   It was great seeing her and so nice to catch up.   

After they left, Amber came to the house with a gift basket from Finding Sofie.   They are the group who found a foster home for us for Wyatt and Lilly.   The outpouring of support and generosity from this group is overwhelming!   The gift basket was full of gifts including gift cards, candles, coloring books, coffee mugs, bath stuff & lotions, hats and so much more!!  Thank you to everyone who contributed to the basket.  It was extremely thoughtful and I am grateful to have been in your thoughts and prayers.   

 
Just a couple of pictures with items from the basket.  

When  I was done, Amber took me over to Cyndee's for her big Christmas party.  I got there and helped her set up.   It was catered food so there really wasn't much of anything to do.  People started arriving and I got settled in the chair.  It was great seeing everyone and being able to take part in the festivities.   For dinner we had a pasta bar.   It was delicious!!   I had some spaghetti and alfredo with meatballs and a breadstick.  I also had some cheese and sweet bologna.  For dessert I had a piece of raspberry cheesecake.   Also delicious!!!   And you can't forget about the wassel!!!   

After dinner it was game time!!!   First the kids - they had piñata fun!    We are lucky so far that no one has been injured.  There have been a few close calls but nothing serious yet.
 
 
 

 
 
 
They had a blast and each filled up a bucket full of candy.   Leave it to Mamaw to load the kiddos up with sugar 😀.
Next was the adults turn.  The first game was a quotes game where you had to write down the name of the movie to match the quote.   The second game was timed and whoever got done first won.   It was a game where you had to unscramble the words.   The third game was a gift card game.   Everyone picked a number and then picked a bag one at a time.   Each bag had a different gift card.   When it was your turn, you could either steal a different gift card that someone already picked or you could keep the one you chose.   It's a really fun game and gets everyone involved.   I got a Gap gift card and Colin got a Cabelas one.  

After the games, we did a gift exchange.  I got the most comfortable pj pants ever along with a really nice, soft sweater.  I was extremely happy with my gifts.   Everyone knows how much I love my pjs.   If I'm at home, that's all I wear!   Aunt Kim gave me a Sunshine box to open, but she had to leave before I opened it so I put it with my stuff to take back to my parent's.  Everyone started to leave so I called my Mom to come and pick me up.   She picked me up and we decided to drive around and look at Christmas lights.  It's amazing what some people do!!!  

We got back to the house around 11.  I put on my pjs and we sat in the kitchen.  I made us some hot chocolate with marshmallows and opened my gifts inside the sunshine box.  It had so much stuff!!!   There is a tumbler mug that you color, coloring book, pencils, candle, notepad, a grow your own herbs kit, chapstick, socks and so much more.  After I opened everything I stayed up and helped Mom wrap the last of the Christmas presents.  We were up until about 1:30am and then finally went to bed.  It was really nice just being able to spend some one on one time with Mom and to catch up.

Merry Christmas!!!!   I slept in a little longer than I had wanted to.  I got up and moving around 9:30.  I organized my piles of presents so that they were out of the way.  I got dressed and ready to go to Amber's.   I wanted to see what the boys got and spend some time with them before everyone got there and the craziness began.  Mom and Dad came along.   We headed to Amber's around 11.  

We got to Amber's and I got comfortable in a chair.   The boys were so excited.   They got a PlayStation for Christmas!   They played on it about 10 minutes and showed us the rest of their presents.  After about 45 minutes of us getting there everyone started to arrive.   We sat down and had dinner at noon.   It was delicious!   Ham, green beans, corn, potatoes and dinner rolls.  

After dinner we exchanged gifts.  Mom and Dad got the twins nerf guns.   Not just any Nerf guns but the assault rile kind.   The guns are as big as they are.  They had a blast with them once they used how to them.  Dana and Steve got me a beautiful owl necklace.  It is gold with crystals.  Very pretty!!  I also got a pretty sweater from my parents and a Victoria's Secret gift card.  Amber got be a beautiful Ali and Ani bracelet.   It is Silver with an arrow.  I love it.  After the  gift exchange we hung out for a little bit then we went home.   Here are some pictures from the day.   
 
 
 
 


 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We went home and I got comfy.  I haven't seen Mehgan or met Elliot at all yet so we made plans for her to come over.   She came over with her mom Susie.  Susie sends me cards on a regular basis.  I really enjoyed getting them.  They always make my day a  little brighter.  It was so nice to see them and  catch up.   The baby is beautiful.   She looks just like Mehgan. I creally miss my best friend.   I told myself I wouldn't cry but when she said goodbye and was leaving we both cried.  Hopefully I will see her more frequently. Love you guys!!

After they left Mom dropped me off at Cyndee'sbj.  It's Colin's birthday so I wanted to see him.  He was in the: den watching tv so I joined him.  Cyndee had just got e up from a nap.  Quinn and Phenix came over with Ireland.  I haven't seen them in forever!!  Ireland's was scared of my mask, I tried to hold her and she was pulling it off.  It was really cute.  We hung out in the den for a little bit and then went to the kitchen to eat dinner: 

We all sat around the island and ate the leftovers from Olive Garden.  Cyndee got enough food to feed an army.   We ate and then sang Happy Birthday to Colin. It was a little gathering but nice!  After the cake, Colin took me back to my Parent's house.   I went straight to the bedroom and put on my pjs.   I hung out for a little bit and then got some company.   Lisa and Fran stopped over to say hello.  Lisa is our next door neighbor and Fran is her mom.  They didn't stay long at all but it was nice seeing them.  They gave me a nice little gift basket with a gift card, a book, an angel pin and a couple other things.   After they left I relaxed in the chair.   I was exhausted from the day so I went into the bedroom and layed down.   Christmas was officially over but I got the greatest gift of all. I was able to spend the day with everyone I love!!  Sweet dreams and I'll update later.   Merry Christmas!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment