Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thursday February 23

Wednesday was a normal hospital day.  Not too much to report.  They gave me over meds to stay on top of the my pain and I colored.  I took a couple of walks down around the nurses station.  That's about it.  

Thursday was the same.  Woke up after a night of trying to get comfortable.  The docs made their rounds.  All my labs were good again and they said I could go home.  Just have to try and get this pain managed and under control.  We were discharged and headed home. As soon as we got there I went to bed and relaxed.  Colin made dinner.  We just hung out and went to bed.

Friday was a lazy day as well.  We went to the store and picked up a few things and spent the rest of the time hanging out.  I colored a little and we watched a movie.  I made lunch and then dinner and went to bed fairly early.

Saturday we went to Dicks and walked around a little for some exercise.   We ran to Gander Mountain for something to do as well.  We grabbed a quick lunch and went home.   We made dinner and watched tv.   Again.....nothing too eventful.  I went to bed fairly early.

Sunday we woke up, showered and got dressed.   We met our friend Matt at Target.  We stopped and grabbed a quick lunch at a sandwich shop across the street from target and then headed to the Ross Park Mall.  It's kind of like King of Prussia but not as big.   They have a lot of high end stores.  Matt and Colin took turns pushing me in my transporter.  Matt was shopping for stuff for his apartment.  Colin and I just went along for company.  It was nice to get out and have a change of scenery.  We didn't buy anything just browsed.  After we were done we went home, made dinner and watched tv.  I went to bed fairly early and just relaxed.  It was a pretty nice day.

Monday was a holiday.  We didn't do much.  My hip and leg were really bothering me so I stayed home and relaxed.  I paid some bills and straightened up the desk.  I cleaned out the fridge and went through some of my clothes.  Colin went golfing in the afternoon because it was so nice.  It was good for him to get out of the house.  I made Salisbury steak for dinner and when he got home we ate and watched tv.  We went to bed early because we had clinic in the morning.

Tuesday we got up bright and early and headed in to clinic.  They drew labs and did my blood work.  Everything looks good.  I didn't need any replacements and Dr. Cruz was happy with the way everything looks.  The pain in my hip and spine is excruciating at times.  He is thinking of doing another MRI to check and see if the fracture has gotten worse or what's going on in there causing so much pain.  He told me not to be a hero and to use my walker again if I need it.  So.....I'm back to using the walker.  It's helping a little with stability when I'm walking.  The pain just hits me out of nowhere at times and it's really frustrating.  I'll get through it though!

While at clinic we asked if we could travel to Lancaster for the weekend since I have chemo Monday and we won't be able to go home for a couple of weeks and he said that we should and it will be good to get away.  After clinic we went back to the apartment, cleaned up, packed and hit the road to head to Lancaster!!  We were on the road by 2 and made it to Lancaster in just a little over three hours.  We made really good time and only stopped once.  Colin dropped me off at my parents and I met Amber, Bobby and the twins for dinner.  After dinner she dropped me off and I went to bed.

Wednesday morning I met Amanda for breakfast.  We sat and talked for a while.  It was great catching up.  After breakfast she dropped me off at Kelly's so I could visit and see the baby.  We went to the park for about an hour to run some energy off of Thomas.  He's such a good big brother.  He's getting so big.  Baby Andrew makes him look like a giant😀.  We went back to Kelly's house and Matt's parents came over to visit.  Janet and Joe are amazing parents, grandparents and wonderful people in general.  They are always checking in on me and are always keeping me in their prayers.  I love them to death!!   They left and my mom picked me up.  We ran a couple of errands and then got Sonic for dinner.  Everyone is taking me out to eat while I'm home!!  It's been nice because I'm going to restaurants that we don't have in Pittsburgh that I miss!  Shawn came over and we ate dinner.  After dinner we went to the boy's basketball practice at the school.  It's fun watching them play.  They are really good for being so young.  We got home and Amber came over with the twins.  We hung out for about an hour and they went home to get their homework done and get ready for school.
 
 
 
Today is Thursday.  I was up early and am waiting for Tom to pick me up.  He's taking me to lunch today so we can catch up.  I haven't seen him since Christmas so it will be nice to catch up.  I will post more later.  I hope you have a good day!!  I'm happy to be home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment