Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday February 27

Thursday - Thursday afternoon Colin's dad, Tom came to visit me and took me to lunch.  We went to Isaacs.  I had tomato soup and a salty eagle.  A salty eagle is ham and cheese on a pretzel bun with honey mustard.  It was delicious!  We sat and talked for a while and caught up.  After lunch he dropped me off at Cyndee's so I could hang out with the dogs for a little while.  They are being fostered for a few weeks by a friend.  She is a lifesaver and the most selfless person you will ever meet.  Jessica met me around 2 and picked up the dogs.  They were happy to see her.  After that mom picked me up and took me back to her house.  I went back and relaxed.  We had dinner and went to Carter and Caden's basketball practice.  After practice Amber stopped and we hung out for a little bit.  The boys ate dinner and they left around 8.  I went to bed.
 

Friday- I woke up and Dana picked me up and took me to breakfast.  We sat and talked for a while.  After breakfast she took me to Columbia river trail where there are a bunch of hiking trails and biking trails.  They have a beautiful lookout and a really nice visitors center.  We sat and watched the birds for a little bit and walked through the visitors center.  They had a bunch of art work from local artists so we walked through and checked it out.  She took me home around lunch time.  She stayed and hung out with me at my parents for about an hour.  She left and I relaxed.  
 

I had dinner plans with Cyndee, Quinn and Phenix.  Cyndee picked me up at my parents and we went to BJ's Restaurant.  I had never been there before.  It's bar type food.  I had a pork BBQ sandwich and broccoli cheddar soup.  It was pretty good.   We had a nice time visiting and I got to see Ireland.   She's the most adorable little girl ever.  She started to get a little antsy but that's what happens when you are one.  I gave her her birthday present at dinner.  It was a cute little book about dancing.  It kept her occupied for a little while at least.  After dinner Cyndee dropped me back off at home and I went to bed.  It was a nice relaxing day for the most part.

Saturday - woke up early and got dressed.  My cousin Melissa and her daughters Mia and Madison were in Lancaster for a dance competition.  Amber, mom and I went to watch their solos.   They looked so beautiful and were so good.  They both won scholarships!!!  It was awesome to watch.   

After dance we headed to the soccer field.  Carter and Caden started indoor soccer and it was their first practice.  We stayed and watched the whole time.   They are very good at sports.  It was nice to be able to spend time with them and watch them play.  After practice mom and I stopped and grabbed lunch at Two Cpusins and got some cupcakes from Lancaster Cupcakes.   We took them home and met Dad, Shawn and Courtney.   We ate lunch and then Mehgan came over with baby Ellie!!   She's such a good baby and so adorable.  It was awesome getting to spend time with them.   I miss Mehgan a lot.  It's hard to catch up with them living in West Chester and me in Pittsburgh.  I can't wait until I'll be home to spend more time with her.  She stayed a couple of hours and we all hung out and chatted.   Amber stopped to see the baby too.  

 
 

While we were visiting all of our phones started beeping and sending warnings because there was a really bad storm and a tornado warning.  Mehgan packed up quickly and left so she could beat it.  Luckily she made it home before the storm hit.  It was pretty bad.   There was a lot of hail and really strong winds.   Amber made me go in the bathroom and hide. We were joking that I have cheated death several times and am finally on the upswing.   Wouldn't it be something if after all I've been through I would die in a tornado.   At least we can try to find the humor in those type of situations.   

Colin came over around 5 and took me to Jeremy and Janel's house for dinner.   They invited us over for fajitas.  We had dinner with them, Mason, Bernadette, Justin and Grant.  It was my first time meeting Grant.  He's a big boy.  He and Mason are a couple of days apart and they are so adorable!!  Both of them are happy babies.  They ate their dinner with us and played for a little bit.  Dinner was delicious.   Janel is a very good cook.   We had a nice time and were able to relax and visit.  Colin took me back to my parents after dinner and I sat with mom for a little bit and then went to bed.

Sunday morning I woke up early.  Got all of my stuff together to come back to Pittsburgh.  Amber came over with the boys to say goodbye.  Colin picked me up and we headed to Gus's for breakfast with Sean and Jamie and the girls.  It was a nice breakfast.   We stayed a little while and talked and visited.  On the way out, we saw my friend Kelly and her daughter Emma.  They were selling Girl Scout cookies in the lobby.  We bought three boxes of cookies and left to head back to lovely Pittsburgh.  We were on the road by 10.  The drive was easy.  Uneventful and not many cars.  We made it back to the apartment around 1:30.  We unpacked and I layed down.  My back, leg and hip are killing me.  I relaxed for the evening, packed up my stuff for something to do when I'm at chemo and went to bed.

Monday- today is chemo day.  I'm going to be here all day!  We met with Dr. Redner this morning and he said that I will have this session of chemo and then one more the third week in march.  After the 6th treatment they will do another Pet Scan and we will go from there to see what the next step is.  I will post more later and update.  Have a good day. 

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .อาหารบำรุงตับ

    ReplyDelete