Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tuesday February 7

Friday we really didn't do much.  I made coleslaw with the leftover cabbage from the spring rolls I made on Thursday. We watched tv and I colored.  We also went to Verizon so I could get my phone fixed.  It was cutting out and the other person on the line couldn't hear me half the time.  They couldn't fix it so they said they would send me another one.  We had leftovers for dinner and I went to bed.  

Around 7 Colin came in and said he wanted to go to Lancaster.  We hurried and packed and got ready and hit the road.  A pipe burst in the house and he wanted to check on the damage since we won't be able to go home for a while because of my chemo.  The engine light had also come on in my Jeep so we had to take it to get looked at by our wonderful neighbor and mechanic Sean.  There was no traffic at all!!   The ride was really nice.  We stopped twice and made it home in 3 1/2 hours.  We were there around 11:30.  I stayed at my parents and Colin stayed with his mom.  Mom and Dad waited up for me to get there.  I had a little snack of homemade blueberry bread and went to bed.

Saturday I was up early to take all my mess and couldn't go back to sleep.  Dad made bacon and eggs for breakfast.  I hung out with my dad in the morning.  We didn't do much.  Then I went to lunch with Shawn and Dana.  It was really nice to catch up with them.  After lunch Jamie came over for a visit.   She stayed for a little bit and we caught up.  After she left I got dressed and ready for a surprise party.   Amanda was throwing it for her mom Georgette.  My dad dropped me off and I hung out for a couple hours.   Georgette was so surprised.  I apparently was the biggest surprise of all.  It was nice catching up with her family.  I haven't seen them in so long.  My mom came to the party for a little bit.  She ate and we stayed for cake and presents.  She took me home about 7:30.   I put on my pjs right away and Shawn came over with Courtney for a few minutes so I could see her.   They left and I went to bed.
 
 
 

 
Sunday morning I went over to Cyndee's to visit for a few hours.  I got to see my puppies.  It's heartbreaking leaving them 😓.   They run to the door because they want to come with us.  We got in the car and headed to Gus's to meet the Mauger family for breakfast.  We had delicious food and great company.  It was good to see them and catch up.  They have been so amazing and wonderful to us throughout my whole ordeal.  I really miss them!!
 

We headed straight back to Pittsburgh after breakfast.  We made it home around 2.  Colin unloaded the car and went and got the mail.  I got this awesome package from JM Wood Turning (Josh Mauger).  He does amazing work and I love my gift!!  Check it out!
 

Isn't it beautiful!!
We ordered dinner from UNO for takeout.  Colin watched the Super Bowl and I went in the bedroom and watched random television.  I wasn't into the game at all.  I fell asleep around 10.  

Monday we woke up early.  We had to be at the hospital at 7 for my chemo.  We were there until after 3.  It was a really long day.  The people at the cancer center were so nice.  The nurses were amazing as well.  It made the day go a little faster.  They even brought us soup and sandwiches for lunch.  After we left we headed home.  Colin grabbed the mail and unloaded the car.  I headed to the apartment.  There was a package at the door and my cell phone had arrived.  I couldn't get out the SIM card to activate it so I just put it back in the box.  Colin came in with the mail and I had another package.  I opened it and it was this adorable hat and a tumbler from the Klugh family.  The hat fits perfect and is adorable!!  
 
We heated up leftovers for dinner.  I took my meds and layed down.  I was exhausted.  It was a long day.

Today I slept in.  I didn't get out of bed until around 11.  I got up and heated up leftovers again for lunch.  After lunch I colored for a little bit and watched tv.  I pinned some recipes on Pinterest.  Pretty uneventful.  Colin made chicken for dinner so I ate a little bit.  After dinner we set out my meds for the week and now I'm laying in bed.  We have clinic tomorrow bright and early so I will update you later.  Hopefully everything is good with my blood work.

Have a good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment