Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tuesday February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
 
I can't believe it!!!   Colin proposed to me 10 years ago today!!!  10 YEARS!!  It has been a roller coaster but we always seem to figure it out.  The past few years have been stressful and have put a huge strain on our relationship.   It has made us stronger as a couple and our love for each other has grown and blossomed more than I could ever have imagined.   Colin Carlock- you are the love of my life and I couldn't imagine sharing it with anyone else.   I love you with all my heart!

So....for my update:

Saturday- we woke up and went to the grocery store.  After the store we went to Golf Galaxy.  Small field trip.  We got home and I had leftovers for lunch.  After lunch I layed down and watched tv.  Our friend Josh was stopping to visit on his way to a work trip in Kentucky.   He got to the house around 1:30.  When he got to the apartment, he and Colin left to go grab lunch and hang out for a little bit.  I stayed home and watched tv.  They called me around 5:30 and said they were on their way to get me and we were going to dinner.  I got dressed and we headed to dinner.  They were on a 1 1/2 hour wait.  We walked over to REI and browsed.   It killed about 45 mins of our wait.  Then we walked across the street to Hofbraus, a brewery.  We watched the guy playing the accordion and some dancers.  It was a pretty cool place.  We stayed about a half hour and went back to Cheesecake Factory.  We got there and only waited 5 minutes and our table was ready.  We had a nice dinner and even got some cheesecake to go.  (Dinner and Cheesecake were free thanks to the gift cards I got for Christmas). We went home and I went to bed.  The guys stayed up and hung out for a little while.  Throughout the day I was starting to get hip pains and my body was aching.  

Sunday- we woke up and got ready.  Josh wanted to get an early start on his drive so we went to Waffles Incaffinated for breakfast before he left.  It was really good.  After breakfast we went back to the apartment and Josh headed out.  My pains were starting to act up more and I was having a little trouble getting around.  I  decided to make potato soup to keep me busy and out of bed.  I also cleaned and cut up the fruit we got at the store.  I like to do it that way so you can grab and go as apposed to cleaning and cutting it up as you are hungry.  We ate leftovers for lunch and I layed down because I was in pain.  I buried myself in my heated blanket with the hope that the heat would help.  I got out of bed around 5.  We had more leftovers for dinner.  After I ate I went back to bed.  Around 8 or so I was really in a lot of pain.  By 10, I could hardly walk to the bathroom.  I was in tears.   Around midnight Colin came to check on me and I was still in tears.  He told me to call the coordinator so I did.  She sent me straight to the er.  We headed to the hospital.  We got there and were taken to a room right away.  The nurse and doctor came in right away.  They gave me pain medicine and told me I was being admitted.  They were just waiting on a bed.  

Monday- We waited until about 12 on Monday until a bed became available.  I was taken to my room and got
settled.  My day was pretty boring.  I took a bunch of little cat naps.  Bill came in to see me and put in the orders for pain meds and my daily regimen of pills.  Colin left after Bill came in because he hadn't slept at all because he was up with me in the er all night.  I just stayed in my bed and watched tv.  

Tuesday- Woke up and was still having a lot of pain.  Bill and Bonnie came in around 7 to check on me.  They said my white blood cell count was trending up on its own and as long as it stays on that trend I won't need a blood transfusion.  So that's positive.  They think the pain is from the neulesta shot I got after chemo.  It is a common side effect.  I just hung out in my room for the day and pretty much did nothing.  We had lunch and I got "showered".  Colin left around 3 to beat the traffic and do some laundry.  I am in bed watching tv and playing on my phone.  So exciting!!  Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can get a little bit of sleep tonight.  I will post more on my progress later.  Have a good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment