Friday, March 24, 2017

Thursday March 23

Monday - woke up bright and early and went to the Hillman Cancer Center.  Met with Dr. Redner.  He examined me and said we were good to go with the chemo.  All my labs were good.  They sent me over to the infusion center and got started.  We were there for 6 hours getting the chemo injections.  Everything went well.  They set me up with the neulesta arm band and we headed home.  We got home after dinner.  We had leftovers.  I was exhausted so I make my sleepy time tea, took my meds and went to bed.  
 

Tuesday - I woke up and was really tired and weak.  I layed around and stayed in bed most of the morning.  I got up and had sloppy joes for lunch.  After lunch I took my meds and layed back down.  I just chilled and watched tv most of the day.  I'm hooked on Say Yes to the Dress.  Don't ask me why.  I just love the show!  Colin got me up to have dinner.  He made me a chicken cordon blue sandwich.  It was delicious!!  He's a great cook.  After dinner I went to bed.

Wednesday - we got up bright and early to go in to clinic.  Feeling a little better and have a little more energy.  They drew my labs and checked everything.  All my labs were good.  I didn't need any supplements.  We talked to Dr. Cruz about my gtube site.  I am having a lot of output.  They have to go in and surgically place a clip in order for it to heal but can't do it until the chemo drugs are out of my system. He said that he would have Mary look into scheduling me an appointment for it.  In the meantime he had consulted the wound care nurse.  We also talked to him about moving back to Lancaster and he said that we could.  So....Come April 2, we should be moved back!!!  I'm so excited!!!   

The wound care nurse came and fitted me for an ostomy bag to put over the gtube site so that I'm not leaking out everywhere and it's confined.  She gave me a couple different things to try out.  She left and we were discharged.  We came home, grabbed leftovers for lunch and Colin packed and left.  He had to run home to tie up some loose ends at home before we come back.  I just put on my pjs and hung out watching tv.  I went to bed bright and early because I was exhausted from being up at 5.

Thursday- woke up, showered, got dressed.  Waited for my friend Matt to come over.  He took me to lunch at a new hibachi place I had never been to.  It was really good.  We ate and then he took me to the store for a couple of things.  We came back to the apartment and watched a couple episodes of Botched.  He left around 5.  I made myself a ham and cheese sandwich for dinner and layed down.  Colin got home around 7.  We hung out for a little bit and then I went to bed.  It was a nice chill day.  I had fun with Matt.  It was nice being able to spend time with him and relax.  

Tomorrow is a new day.  Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment