Monday, December 26, 2016

Friday December 23

I know I haven't posted in a while.   I've been on an emotional rollercoaster of highs and lows.  

To start things off....I misunderstood the doctor.   There is not a fracture in my tailbone, it's actually in my spine.   It's at the very lowest point right next to the tailbone.  Because of where the fracture is located, there was a spinal surgeon consulted.   He met with me and told me that at this point surgery is not warranted but it's going to take 6-10 weeks to heal.  I'm in so much pain it's ridiculous!!   I was fittted for a walker and told to use it as needed.  It has actually been extremely helpful.  

You are probably wondering how the second chemo treatment went.   It was exhausting but went well.  I didn't have a reaction to it while it was being given.  The following day wasn't too bad but the day after that was terrible!!!   I was in a lot of pain and felt like I was hit by a truck!   Every bone/muscle in my body hurt.   It was so uncomfortable and tiring.  I also had the back pain and discomfort on top of that.   As far as the transplant goes, everything is perfect!!!   The organ is    
working like it should and there are no signs of rejection.   

In the days to follow I was just in too much pain to do anything.   It was a task to go to the bathroom.  It was not a pleasant couple of days.  Things were running through my head.  I would sit and cry for a whole day straight and then the next day be fine.  I've been going through all of the emotions.   I've been angry and have said some hurtful things to the ones I love.   I have wallowed in my self pity and thought why is this happening to me.   I have been grateful that I am alive and have been given another chance.  I have been happy.   I am happy because I have all of you supporting me and lifting my spirits.   The outpouring of cards and gifts has been overwhelming.   The donations and gift cards are unnecessary but greatly appreciated.   We will definitely put them to good use.  

There have been so many cards and packages delivered to the apartment I can't keep track!!!   I will post some pictures at the end of this.   Thank you to everyone who sent something.  I have received hats, coloring books, gift cards and so much more. People I don't even know are sending me stuff.   It is truly heartfelt and overwhelming.   The generosity, thoughtfulness and support has been baffling.   Emma and Kelly made beautiful head wraps and put a lot of thought into the patterns.

You are probably wondering what's going on now.  I was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday Dec 21.   The theory was that I'm going to be in pain whether I'm in the hospital or at home so I might as well be in the comforts of my own home.  Getting there was a different story.   The car ride was ok.   We got to the apartment and I used the walker to get from
the car to the dreaded steps.  

The steps were not an easy task.  It was extremely daunting but I made it!!!   Colin had to pick my legs up and move them one at a time so I could pull my body weight up as well.  We finally got into the apartment and were able to unwind.  Colin got my meds out and started laying them out for the week.  There were prescriptions called in to Target so he got me settled and left to go get them.  He brought back food when he came back so we didn't have to cook.  We Ate and headed to bed for the evening.

Thursday morning, we got up.   I got showered and dressed.   Colin loaded up the car and we headed to Lancaster!!   Getting down the steps from the apartment was easier than going up them.   Colin had me all set up for the car ride.   Pillows and blankets strategically placed so that I would be comfortable.  
The car ride was uneventful.   We stopped once so I could use the restroom.  We arrived in Lancaster around 1.   I unloaded all my medical supplies and my suitcase.   After sitting and chatting with my mom for a little bit I was hungry so we called Smith's Hotel and ordered a chicken cheesesteak.   We went and picked it up and headed back home.   

Amanda and Sofia came over for a visit.   They hung out for a couple of hours.  We just sat and chatted.  She had to leave to relieve her mom who was watching the
twins.   After she left,  Bobby brought Carter and Caden down to see me.  They stayed about an hour
But had a doctor's appointment and had to leave.   After they left Mom took me to the groceey store to get some things.  We went to Giant because a very generous family sent us gift cards.   After the store we went home.   We had potato and eggs for dinner (one of my favorites!).  After dinner Amber and Bobby came back with twins and Shawn came over.  We just hung out for a little bit.  Amber and Bobby brought this huge gift basket in.   Some of the employees at Amber's work donated items and made a beautiful gift basket.  I was completely overwhelmed with the generosity.  The gift basket had gift cards, bath stuff, coloring books, pens and pencils, head wraps, candles and so much more!!!   The outpouring of kindness and support is mind boggling!!   
 
 
The boys helped me open the gift basket for a little bit but bailed.   They left after a while and I took my meds and went to bed.  

Friday morning I woke up and did all my medicines.   Amber came over to hang out with me.   I talked her into taking me to Dollar Tree.   I wanted to get a couple of cards.  She bought a couple of things too.   We went right home after.  Amber and Bobby had a bunch of last minute errands to run so they left the boys at mom's.   we ordered Chinese for lunch.  

My friend Marlena (the beautiful woman who shaved her head to support me!) came over for a visit and had lunch with us.   She brought so many cards from the Litiz after school program.  The cards are adorable!  
 
It was a nice visit and was great catching up.  She left and Tom (Colin's dad) stopped in.   He stayed for
a little bit and we caught up.   The twins were playing upstairs and were quiet as mice.  They were laying in bed playing a game on their ipad.  Amber and Bobby came back and took the twins home.  Dana stopped by when she was done with work.   She hung out for
a little bit.  We had leftovers for dinner.   I put on my pajamas and went to bed.  

It was nice to see everyone.   Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!!!   I can't wait!  Here are some pictures of the packages and beautiful gifts.
 
 
 
 
 
 Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!!  Have a good night!!!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment