Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Tuesday December 6

Yesterday was a traumatic day for me.   (Tuesday)

The morning was good.  I showered in my shower.   Nice, hot, shower unlike the ones I was getting in the hospital.   It felt so good.  After my shower, Mom and I went to IHOP for breakfast.   I had their campfire got chocolate, which was delicious!   I also got the crepe combo.   A strawberry crepe, eggs, bacon and home fries.   My eyes are always much bigger than my stomach!   I ate the crepe and got a to go box for the rest.  

Here is where the trama started.   We went to great Clips next to IHOP so I could get my head shaved.  I was going to have Colin do it when he got home but I thought it would be harder for him and me if he was the one doing it.  We walked in and put my name on the list.   The girl took me back right away and I explained my situation to her.  I told her I was probably going to cry.  She was so sweet and started crying too.  She put the cape on me and started shaving my head.   
 
Before pics.   
 
It started coming out in clumps in the shower.
 

Here is her shaving my head
 
 
 


 
I only cried at first.   It was a sense of relief when it was done and over with.   The hairdresser didn't charge me for my haircut and said it was her Christmas present to me and asked that I keep her updated.   I wrote down my blog and email info so she could stay in touch.   I put on my handmade crocheted hat that someone from Josh and Alesha's church made.  It fit perfectly and kept my head warm.    

Mom and I left Great Clips and went to Dollar Tree.  I needed some disposable pans and had to grab a couple of cards.  I hit the jackpot at Dollar Tree.   They had a bunch of hats and gloves.  I got 5 hats there.  They are winter hats but are really cute and the best thing is that they were only a dollar!!!   We ran and did that and went back to the apartment.  We heated up lunch and ate.   Mom left around 1.  Colin called around 11 and said he'd be home around 4/4:30.  I took my 2:00 meds and then layed down for a nap.  I slept for about an hour.  Colin got home and unpacked etc.  He said I look good bald and it fits me.  Not sure if he's just saying it to be nice but 

  We ordered dinner from a new pizza place we hadn't gone to before.  I ordered the food around 4:30.  They said 45 mins to a half hour.  We still hadn't gotten our food around 6.  I called to follow up and was told they were on their way.  Still no food at 6:30..... finallly around 6:45, the food showed up.  So disappointing.   Everything was cold.   Colin ordered a Greek salad and ended up with a gyro salad.  I ordered the appetizer sampler and it was so cold that the chicken fingers couldn't be torn up with my fingers.   I had to microwave everything.   Colin also ordered a chicken parm sub.   Freezing cold and not what the description said at all.  The menu said it was breaded chicken etc and what he got was shredded, pulled chicken.  I called and asked to speak to a manager.  The girl who answered the phone apologized and said they got freally busy and that's why the food was late and cold.   She said there wasn't a manager to speak with.  After she said that she said "is there anything else I can do for you? I don't really have anything to say".   Worst customer service ever.   I told her it was our first and last time ordering from them and the whole situation was handled terribly.   I got off the phone and was just super annoyed with everything.

I got ready for bed and then layed down.  He got ready as well and we layed down.  That was my day in a nutshell.  I will post more tomorrow.   

1 comment: