Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Sunday December 4

Yesterday was Mom's birthday (dec3).   She was here all day in the hospital for my birthday.   She also brought Christmas decorations and decorated my room to cheer me up.   It was a nice little surprise.  

For her birthday we ordered lunch and had it delivered.   We had a fried food sampler platter along with a Stromboli.   She also had BBQ wings and a salad.  It was a nice filling lunch.  After lunch Mom went back to the apartment to bake some cookies.  While she was gone I attempted to nap but was unsuccessful.  She also made dinner and brought it back in to the hospital.   She got back around 4:30.   I heated up the leftover appetizer platter and met her in the family room.  She made potatoes and eggs, my favorite!!!  We sat down and had dinner.   It was really good.   

We went for a lap around the nurse's station and then I layed back down.   I ordered a dinner tray from the cafeteria with cake so she could have a piece of cake for her birthday.   We had a pretty uneventful evening. She left and went back to the apartment and I watched tv and tried to get some sleep.  

Today is Sunday.   Mom came in and brought breakfast.  We sat and ate.   The doctors made their rounds.   There was nothing new to report.   All my lab work looked good.   They had to give me a couple of replacements via iv.  We took a walk and did a lap around the nurses station.   We just chilled out and watched tv until lunch time.   We ordered Chinese for lunch.   They delivered the food and mom and I went to the family room and ate.  After lunch Mom went back to the apartment to do some laundry.   She left so I could take a nap which didn't end up happening.  

Mom called around 4 and said she had a gift card to Red Robin and told me to go online and see what I want.  I ordered a chicken wrap and soup.  She got the order to go and came to the hospital.  She met me in the family room and we sat down and ate.  While we were there this man came in and we got to talking.  He told us he lived in Claysburg but was originally from Altoona and so was his wife.   Such a small world!   His wife grew up a block from where my dad lived as a kid.   The guy started talking about the cafe being closed and walking all the way over to the other hospital to get something to eat etc and how expensive everything is.   I had over half a wrap left and a bunch of French fries so I gave him my leftovers.  He was so grateful.  He kept thanking us.  He insisted that we go with him to meet his wife so we went with him to her room. He introduced us and mom and her were talking about where they grew up etc.   Such a small world.

After dinner we went back to my room.  I layed down and mom headed out around 9.  The hope is discharge on Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment