Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Wednesday December 14

I know it has been a while since I've updated and I'm really sorry.   I've had a bad couple of days.  My second round of chemo was supposed to be on Friday the 9th.

Shawn and Courtney were sleeping when Colin and I got ready to head to the hospital on Friday.   Originally we were told that we should be there at 7 but to wait for a call from admissions to make sure they had a bed.  We didn't get a call so we went to IHOP for breakfast.  We sat down and had a nice and relaxing breakfast.  After we ate we called my transplant coordinator.   By that time I was in so much pain and couldn't walk.   Jen told us to go to the er.   She said it would expedite things.  So we were taken to a room in the er and waited.   Shawn and Courtney met us there and hung out.   

Unfortunately they were unable to get me a bed early enough to do it.   We weren't admitted until close to 4 pm.  Once we got to the 11th floor we got settled.  We played cards and hung out.  Everyone left and I went to bed.  

Colin came in early Saturday and Shawn and Courtney came in to the hospital.  They were eager to head home.  I'm glad they came for a visit.   It was a nice break and we had fun going to dinner, looking at their engagement photos and just spending time together.

They ended up doing the CHOP on Saturday.  I did fine through the process.  They started it around 2 in the afternoon.  We weren't done til after midnight.   Colin slept in the chair by my side.   He got up around 2am and went home.  He was back by 7:30 Sunday morning.   

I was dealing with a lot of abdominal and back pain.  The more I moved the more it hurt.  Getting to the bathroom is excruciating and takes me a while.  I am trying to be as positive as possible but it has been a little difficult.   Sunday was uneventful.  They scheduled me for  an MRI on Monday.

I had the MRI.   When I've had them in the past they put you in the tube and it takes about an hour.  This one they did three different one.   One in feet first.   I was in for an hour.  The second they had me feet first with my knees bent.   That was about 40 mins.   Then they moved me to a different bed and put me in head first.   It was an extremely long test and very painful.  When I finally got back to my room I could hardly move.   I spent the rest of the day in bed.  

Tuesday I was in a lot of pain.  I didn't do much.   Just hung out in my room.   The doctors didn't really have anything to say.   We were still waiting for the MRI results.  I spent the day watching Shameless.   I'm hooked on it.  

Wednesday- Bill came in to my room around 6.  He beat Colin in.   He got the results of the MRI.   I have a small hairline fracture in my tailbone.  There's really nothing they can do for it.   I have to take it easy so I don't aggrevate it and make the pain worse.  On top of all of that I feel like I've been hit by a truck from the chemo.   My whole body aches.   Bill stopped in my room in the afternoon to check on me.  He said not to overdo it and he will see me in the morning.  

I spent the evening crying.  I am so exhausted and tired of being in pain.   I'm watching Shameless and nodding off.   Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.   I will try to post more frequently.  Goodnight.  










No comments:

Post a Comment