Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thursday December 1

I can't believe it's December!!!!!!!   

I am still in the hospital.  I'm feeling a little better each day.   My white blood cell count has come up significantly which is great!  It has been a long couple of weeks.   The pain is still bad but it's getting better.  In the past couple of days I've been undergoing different tests etc.  I've had more ct scans, Doppler scans on my arms and legs, an eeg and lots of different blood tests.   So far everything is looking good.  

I'm having issues swallowing and choking.   The ENT doctors say it will get better with time.  The tumor is shrinking and everything is out of place and has to settle back to where it "should" be.  It's going to take a couple of weeks so we just have to keep an eye on it.  

My body aches and feels like I have the flu.   They are saying it's the chemo doing its job.  I am still having the horrible leg pains and pain in my back due to the hematoma that was created when they did the bone marrow biopsy.  I am walking a lot more than I had been but the more I use it the more it hurts.  No pain no gain I guess.   I'm trying to keep moving and hopefully it will get better day by day.  

They also found part of the reason I was having so much abdominal pain.  My G Tube in my stomach that they use to give me meds etc. when I can't swallow them, was out of place.   The balloon was stuck between my stomach and the abdominal wall.  Dr. Gonoza came in and deflated the balloon and manipulated the tube back into my stomach where it should be.  After he did that I noticed an immediate difference.  

My hair is really falling out from the chemo so I'm debating shaving my head now because it looks awful the way it is and I can't really do much to hide it.   No comb-over will work on this head at the moment 😌.  
I will just wear some pretty hats and scarves.  Maybe even look into getting a wig.  I will keep you posted on that one!  

When the doctors came in today for rounds they said that all my labs are good and everything looks good as far as the transplant is concerned.  My intestine is functioning.   I'm able to eat and drink regular foods/beverages.   So far the cancer/chemo hasn't affected it at all.  That's definitely a positive.  I may even be discharged tomorrow.   Depending on my pain and what the eeg test results from today show.   It will be nice to be able to be in my own bed.  I'm excited.  I will let you know the status tomorrow hopefully.

On another note:   I want to send out a couple of thank you's.  Thank you to everyone who has sent the cards and pictures.   I decorated my room and hung them on the walls.  

Thank you to Colin for the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.   Thank you for putting up with me and sticking by my side through this whole mess I now call my life.   You do everything you can to keep me going.   Even though I may not say it often I truly appreciate you and all the sacrifices you have made to take care of me.   I know it's not easy.   I love you!

Thank you to my Mom and Dad for the balloons and candy.   I was having a horrible day and that was just the thing to lift my spirits.  I love you and appreciate all you do!!!

Thank you Amber and Bobby for everything.   The surprise visit last weekend really made my day.  Thank you for taking care of my monsters while Cyndee is recovering.   I know they are a handful and I will find a way to make it up to you.   Love and miss you guys!

Thank you Dana for the awesome oil diffuser and beautiful inspiration bracelet.   Everyone loves the diffuser!!!   All the nurses want to go buy it!   They come into my room for the breath of fresh air.  Thanks for taking the time to come to Pittsburgh to see me.

Thank you Shawn and Courtney for listening.   I know when I'm having a bad day I can call and you cheer me up.   I'm looking forward to the wedding and can't wait for you to become husband and wife in June.

Thank you to my cousins:  Stephanie, Melissa and Kristin for the gift basket and amazing cookies (they didn't last long!).  I'm so grateful to have you in my life.   I know it's hard being long distance and stay in touch but you are always there for me in my times of need.   I love you girls!!!   
 
 

 

Thank you to my Aunt Joan and Uncle Jesse for the more than generous gift card.   We will put it to good use.  It is appreciated more than you know.  

Thank you to Amanda and James for the beautiful Alex and Ani bracelet with my angel wing.   I will cherish it forever!!!   Love you!

Thank you to my beautiful nurse Chrissy.   Thank you for holding my hand and soothing me through my bone marrow biopsy.   That hour and a half of torture was more tolerable because of you.   You are an angel.   And....to top it all off....thank you for the best hot chocolate gift on earth!!!   I made hot chocolate this morning and it was the best hot chocolate i have ever had!!!   You rock!!!  
 

Thank you to Elaine and Kelly for selling the soft, cuddly owls as a fundraiser and for the donations.   Once again you have gone above and beyond and I can't thank you enough.    Thank you to everyone who purchased an owl as a gift as well.

Thank you Jeremy and Brooke for seeing the owl fundraiser and helping to sell them on such short notice!!!   You are the best!

And as always, thank you everyone for your continued love, support, prayers and encouragement.  I am so overwhelmed with everything everyone has done for me.   I hope I'm not missing anyone but if I am I'm sorry.   
 
Well.......Happy December everyone.   I hope to get discharged tomorrow to go back to the apartment and sleep in my own bed.   I will keep you posted.   Have a good night and sweet dreams!  Lots of love!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment