Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday November 20

It has been hard to update my blog with everything that has been going on. 

The latest update is that I have the most aggressive type of ptld you can get.  It's a post transplant type of cancer that is incurable.   It can go in to remission but it will always be in my system.  They started me on heavy chemotherapy this week which is making me sick but it seems to be responding pretty well.  The type of chemo I'm getting is called CHOP therapy.   It is a couple different steps that they do each session and I'll get it every three weeks.  I may get the retuxomap treatments on my weeks off from the CHOP.  They are determining all that now.

They are going to have to scan me in the next couple of days to see what progress is being made.   Please bear with me through this difficult time and understand it's going to be hard for me to update daily.  I will do my best to update.  

As far as how things are going....I got two surprise visitors on Friday.   Kelly and Matt cane for the night! It was a surprise!   We went outside and sat at the benches because it was so nice out so the nurses gave me some freedom off the floor.  While we were out there someone sat on the bench real close to me, I looked up and it was Amber.   I started crying and couldn't stop.  She surprised me too.  We went back to my room and they started my chemo.   Kelly and Matt had to leave because of the baby.  Amber and Colin stayed til she was done administering the chemo which took two hours.   Colin went back to the apartment and amber stayed with me.  It was a process but pretty painless for the most part.  Amber left after I got settled into bed for the night.  It was such a nice surprise.   I was really happy they all came.  

The next morning everyone came in at their own pace. At lunch time we ordered food.  Everyone ate and then they started to head out.   It started snowing off and on.   They wanted to leave early enough so that it wouldn't be dark when they were driving.   

They all left by 2.   Colin and I just chilled out the rest of the night. 

Each day so far has gotten a little worse.   They think it's working really well and killing off the cells so I'm in a lot more pain.   It's going to get worse before it gets better is what they are telling me.  We will see.   Im going to try and get some rest.  I will post more as soon as I'm up to it.   Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment