Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Tuesday November 8

1st of all......Happy Birthday to Honey.  Today we are celebrating you even though you are no longer with us.   You are always in my dreams and thoughts and prayers.   I know you are with me in more ways than one as we are going through this horrible ordeal.   I love you more than anything and hope you are having the best birthday you could possibly have now that you are in heaven with Pap Pap, Jackie, Steve and your siblings.   We miss you so much!!!   Party it up and make sure you have a beer and a piece of coconut cream pie to treat yourself!  Love you to pieces!!! 💗

We have a little more information now so I can give you a more concrete update.  

Biopsy results have determined that the mass in my neck/behind my ear is called PTLD.   It stands for post transplant lymphoproliferative disorder.   It's basically a type of cancer that transplant patients get.   There are a bunch of sites online that you can look it up on and it explains it.

In order to start treating me for it they needed to do a bone marrow biopsy.   They did it this morning in my room at the bedside.  That was the most painful procedure I have had done while awake.  The procedure took about an hour.   I want to thank God for my nurse Christine today.   She held my hand and talked me through breathing in a very soft, soothing voice.  She let me squeeze her as hard as I could.   I'm surprised she isn't black and blue.  Thank you Christine!!   Not sure I could have done it without you!!

Colin was a trooper through the whole thing.   Even though he hates needles and blood he was able to soothe me through the procedure and rub my legs.  I was so proud of him!!   Thank you Colin!!!  This is difficult and I am sure it was hard to watch.  

After the procedure I had to lay on my back for a few hours.  I'm being given my first dose of the 

Rituximab here shortly.  They pre-medicated me to hopefully avoid any complications.   I will update more later as we go through this so please bear with me.   It's a new thing for me so I'm not sure how I'm going to feel.  Thanks!!!   Please keep sending the prayers my way!



No comments:

Post a Comment