Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Wednesday November 9

Colin stayed the night last night since they were giving me the first round of the chemo drug.  He didn't want to leave me in case anything happened during the night or if I had any reactions.

They started the meds around dinner.   I had to be pre-medicated before the could give me the rotuxamap.   They gave me Tylenol, Benadryl and a steroid.   I'm ok with the Tylenol and Benadryl.   I had never gotten the steroid they gave me before but it made me feel like I was on fire when they gave it to me.   It was a very odd feeling.   The heat feeling started low and creeped up through my body and into my face.  Odd feeling.

About a half hour later an iv team nurse came in to start the medicine.   They start it at a low rate and take vitals every half hour.   I took it ok for the most part.   At times it was nauseating, it also made me itchy and hot.   The Benadryl helped a lot with that.  It took a couple of hours for the medicine to finish.   It was pretty potent but I think I handled it pretty well.  

I was up most of the night getting meds, getting labs drawn along with feeling like crap.   It was a pretty crappy night.  

Today has just been a day of recovery.   I am in a lot of pain.   I'm really nauseous and have added pain in my right hip and leg from the biopsy yesterday.   I'm having a hard time walking on it.  I'm just going to rest today but wanted to make sure you had an update.  
A
As of now we do not have any additional information except the diagnosis.   Hopefully tomorrow we will have some more biopsy results.   I will keep you posted as we learn more.   Have a good day!!!  Hopefully I can get a nap in and get a little sleep.   As always thank you for your support!! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment