Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Tuesday November 1

1st Things 1st......
 
I know I haven't been posting much.   I'm really sorry.   I know it's the least I can do to keep those of you following me and praying for me updated so you know what's going on.    

The last 2.5 weeks have been pretty difficult for me.   I was hospitalized two weeks after my surgery.  I was discharged on Monday (this past Monday).   I went home with Cyndee to my apartment because she came to give Colin a break.   We got back to the apartment around 2.   I layed down and tried to nap.   She hung out in the living room and checked on me several times.   I layed in bed and continually felt worse.   On top of my usual abdominal pain I now have a sore throat, glands the size of golf balls, an earache, jaw ache, lots of mucus that won't come out and no hearing in my right ear.

We callled the transplant coordinator on call with no response.  I called back and was told they would be in touch shortly.   No one callled back so we decided to just go to the er.  We got to the hospital and were taken right back.   They gave me pain meds, fluids and Benadryl.  The ER docs spoke to my transplant team and got ENT involved.   They did a ct scan and MRI of my neck and ear areas.   There are pockets of fluid that they aren't sure what they are so now I have to be taken to the operating room for biopsies.   I'll be put under general anesthesia and intubated during the procedure.   It could be as simple as draining fluid from the area and it should clear itself up or it could be as complicated as removing adenoids, tonsils etc.  

There is a substantial risk of bleeding for me because of all my blood thinners but we don't really have much of a choice.   Dr. Gonoza said he will be there with me through the procedure in case of any complications.   So for now, I could be called at any time to go down to the or.   I will try to be better about posting.   I will be in touch.   Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment