Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday 5/29

I'm honestly feeling the love right now.   Here's why:

(Logo designed by Kelly Schavnis)

Keep this date in mind.  I will let you know when there's more detailson this.  My friends are hosting this event and are really going the extra mile.  

My Dad is setting up another sub sale and proceeds will go towards the fundraising.  

Colin is setting up a golf tournament to fundraise as well!  More details on this to come later.

We will also be selling rubber bracelets in lavender, teal and lime green that say "Heather's Hope For Health".  When they are available I will let you know.

Everyone is going above and beyond to do what they can to raise money for my transplant.  I feel so blessed.  If anyone has any connections as far as donations for prizes etc.  Please reach out and see if there's anything you can do to help.  We have salons donating gift cards for massages, restaurants gift cards, free round of golf, etc.  It would be a huge help and we would be forever grateful.  

On another note. . . I'm still in the hospital.  They have taken me off of the iv Meds and changed everything to oral Meds.  As long as my body can process them and it works out ok, I will be discharged tomorrow.   Lots of prayers that the pain goes away.   They did an exam today and there is an abundant amount of scar tissue in my abdomen.  Those of you who know me well know that scar tissue is my worst enemy.  It takes over and there's really nothing the doctors can do for it.  So....hopefully my body will stop producing it and it will start to settle so the pain subsides.  

The nurses here at LGH have been awesome!  They are understanding and empathetic.  Nurses that aren't even assigned to my room have been stopping in to see how I'm doing.  They all want to follow my care and are rooting for me to have a speedy recovery and to get my transplant.  A couple of them sit with me and pray.  It has really made me appreciate the nursing profession.  

The big news for the week: I got a call from Mary in Pittsburgh.  The doctors have made a decision on my transplant.  They have decided to put me on hold for the moment.   They want to do another liver biopsy in August to compare to the one I had in March.  Once they can compare and see what additional damage (if any) has been done to the liver as a result of the TPN, they will proceed with getting insurance approval for the procedure.  If insurance approves it, I will be listed.  

I'm not really sure how I feel about it.  Part of me wanted it sooner, part of me wanted it now.  I just have to remember that God has a purpose for me and it's all in his hands.  I will keep praying for him to use his wisdom to do what's best and ask that you do the same.   Have a good night.  


1 comment:

  1. The date is in my calendar!! Are you out of the hospital yet?? You'll have to post the info for all of these fundraisers on here so I can spread the word, okay? Oh-- and does your fundraising account at the bank have a different name that people should write checks to? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete