Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday 5/27

Guess where I am tonight.....
Last night I fell asleep on the couch.  I was having pain in my abdomen different from any other pain I had been experiencing.  Besides still having the pain when I woke up, my morning started out pretty normal.  I got up, fed the dogs, showered and got ready for my doctor's appointment.  It was just a follow up appointment with my family doctor to review meds, etc.  I went to the appointment.  Everything went pretty well.  The doctor gave me refills on my meds and said a little prayer for me before I left.  

After my appointment I decided to go to the bank and open a fundraising account.  I was at the bank waiting for my turn and when the woman came over to get me I stood up (probably too fast) and everything went black.  When I realized what was going on I had just enough time to sit down in the chair.  A couple employees rushed over to me and asked if they should call an ambulance and what they should do.  I told them I was fine and after lots of convincing they decided to leave me be.  I called Dr. Harbrorson while I was there which eased their worries.  I went in to the office while I was waiting for the doctor to call back and I set up the account.  

The doctor called back and said to go straight to the emergency room.  I finished up at the bank, called Colin and drove myself to the ER.  In the ER the doctor sent me for bloodwork, did X-rays of my chest and abdomen and checked a urine sample.  X-rays came back with no bowel obstruction.  Urine came back negative with no infection.  Bloodwork came back with few changes.  Dr. Harbrorson came in to the ER to see me and said that there's a possibility of scar tissue breaking free which is causing the pain.  He also gave me the results of my B vitamins.   Vitamin B12 was normal.  Vitamin B6 is almost double the normal B6 level.  High B6 levels could result in nausea, vomiting, pain and neuropathy.  The B6 levels could be contributing to my symptoms.  I'm in so much pain that he didn't feel comfortable letting me go home and admitted me for pain and nausea control.  Needless to say I'm now in the hospital.  

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.  Until then....

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you alllllll the time Heather :)

    ReplyDelete