Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday 5/24

Max and Grayson spent the Night last night so they could go to the fishing derby today.  I woke up around 8 this morning.  Colin and the boys were gone.  The fishing derby started at 1 today and apparently they needed to get there early to hold a spot.  I ran some errands and picked up Carter and Caden around 11:15 to pick up lunch and head over to the derby.  We ordered pizza from little Caesars.  We arrived at the derby around 11:45.  We took everyone lunch.  The boys were so excited and anxious for it to start.  


Shawn called and met up with us just before it started.  Thank God!We were there with Wes and his daughter Olivia; Tim (Wes's dad); Bonnie (Wes's sister) and her son Aiden.  

They blew this loud horn at 1:00.  The boys all cast their lines in the water.   Within seconds Grayson had a fish on the line.   He definitely had the first fish in the derby but he had to take it to the judging table.   We were on the opposite side of the creek.  He had to run about 100 yards to the bridge, cross the bridge and go about another 25 yards to the judges table.   As he was running someone on the opposite side of the creek caught a trout and only had to go about 10 yards to the judge's table so that child got the prize for first fish.  It's kind of a crappy system if you ask me.  

I was helping Carter fish and Shawn was helping Caden.  Each child was allowed to catch 5 total fish whether you were catching and releasing them or keeping them.  Here's Carter with his first fish! 

He was so excited!  He caught his first fish almost immediately (not as quick as Grayson did but pretty quickly). Caden's first fish took a little bit longer to bite but he caught a pretty nice sized one.  

The boys were just as excited to put them back in the creek as they were to catch them.  Poor Colin and Shawn were spending all their time re-tying broken lines and baiting all of the kids' hooks.  Max was the first in our little group to catch his limit of 5.  Carter was second to catch his limit and Caden was third.  They were done fishing by 1:20!  It kind of sucked that we were done so soon but they were catching way more fish than half the kids there!  Amber came after she was done at her friend's baby shower but missed them catching fish because she got there after they hit their limits.  

Aiden was next to catch his limit and he ran all 5 fish to the judge's table.  He was the first one in his age group to catch their limit and he was in the lead for largest fish as well.  Then Grayson caught his limit.  Olivia was taking her time but caught her limit as well.   Colin ended up leaving with Max and Grayson.  He was taking them back to the house to get ready for their mom to pick them up.  Amber, Shawn, Carter, Caden and I walked back to the car.  They couldn't fish on that side of the bridge because it's really shallow so we walked in the water and collected some shells.  We hung out a little while longer.   Shawn ended up leaving and When the boys were done playing we walked back to the car.  I had my lovely iv backpack on and loaded up my car.  I started my car and turned around to help Amber get the boys buckled in her car.  SOMEHOW I managed to lock my doors and shut them in the process.  I have no clue how it happened.  My cell phone and purse were locked in my now running car.  Luckily Amber hadn't pulled out yet.  We ended up getting in touch with Colin and he was nice enough to meet us halfway with my spare key.  We drove back to where I was parked and my car was still running.  Good thing I filled up my gas tank this morning!  This is something that would happen to ONLY ME.  

I was home about an hour and I started to feel crappy.  I got really nauseous and dizzy.  I've been in bed ever since.  Hopefully it goes away once I get my TPN hooked up.  Well....I'm in bed and probably staying here.  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment