Saturday, May 16, 2015

Saturday 5/16

Today was the big yard sale day!  I made $250.00 total between yesterday and today.  But not without working for it.   I can't believe people are as cheap as they are.  We had a Radio Flyer wagon for sale that my mom had for the twins.   The door on it is partially broken so my mom priced it at $5.00 knowing she spent $100.00 on in brand new.  This woman was arguing with us that it was only worth $3.00 because it was broken.  My mom told her she wouldn't take any less than five and explained why.  The woman sat there arguing with her about it.  Mom told her that she would rather keep it than take $3.00.  The woman came back a little later and bought it.

People can be very interesting.  We were selling a vacuum cleaner (it was only 6 months old but I was getting rid of it because Colin got me a Shark).   I was asking $20.00 for this vacuum that cost $75 brand new.   I had actually only used this vacuum a total of maybe five times.   This woman was arguing on the price.  I told her $20 firm.  She called her husband.  He came to the house and started to tell me it was only worth $10.  Once again I said $20 firm.  He asked me if it worked so we plugged it in.  He sat there and put his hand on the suction handle and told me that it wasn't working.  I set it down on the small rug in front of the door and it sucked up all the flower petals that were laying around.  He sat there and inspected it for 15 minutes.  Finally he bought it.

I don't understand people sometimes.  I am more than willing to work on price if someone goes about it the correct way, but when people are rude and act like that, I won't budge.

My last story of the day.   We were selling a ping pong table.  It didn't sell all day, so we were putting the yard sale away.  A dad with a van full of kids stopped and asked what the lowest I would be willing to take for it was.  I asked him how much he could afford.  He told me and I said fine.   (I was asking 70 and took 30).  He came in a large passenger van.  I told him I didn't think it would fit.  He said he would be fine.  He only lived a couple of blocks away.  Amber asked him if he needed help loading it and he said he had it.  We went inside the house.   This is what I saw when I looked out the window:


Apparently it didn't fit in their car after all and they walked it across Marietta Ave and down the street.  Good thing it had wheels!!!

Well....I'm off to bed.  Sweet dreams to all.  I will catch up tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment