Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday 5/17

Well...my morning started off pretty crappy today.  My bag was leaking when I woke up.  Which means once again I had to re-arrange my schedule for this ostomy I'm stuck with.  This has been so hard to get used to.  It has a mind of it's own.  It has been the cause of many breakdowns.  It decides when it wants to cooperate and when it wants to ruin my day.  I took care of that first thing this morning.  It takes about an hour to change the bag, clean myself up and put on a new bag.  It's a mess.

Then my afternoon....not too bad but hectic.

I guess I should start by telling you that we have decided to move.  We are going to be renting our house out and moving in with Colin's mom Cyndee.  She has been nice enough to open up her doors and welcome us in.  We are moving because we are going to have to relocate to Pittsburgh after my transplant.   We will have to be there for up to two years.  We want to make sure our house is taken care of and we want to be able to come back to it once this is all said and done.

I had two people lined up to look at the house today.   The first couple had a daughter in 9th grade.  They spent the entire time trying to negotiate down the rent.  I told them that it wasn't negotiable.  I gave them a rental application and thanked them for coming.  They were very nice but it was clear to me that they would have a hard time paying the rent if they were negotiating with me over $100.  I'm not willing to get stuck in a situation that I can't get out of.  The second couple that came had two little ones.  They were a younger couple.  She is a stay at home mom and he works in construction.  They are currently renting a townhouse and they have lots of rules with the association.  They are looking to rent something that will feel more like a home to them.  I really liked them.  I gave them a rental application and thanked them for coming.  The wife called about an hour after they left and they are dropping off the application tomorrow.  If the background and credit checks all work out, I will definitely be renting to them.   I am keeping my fingers crossed!


I am going to miss my little house on the hill.  But I look forward to the day when I can come back to it.  

This evening has been pretty mellow.  I watched two movies.  Wild and The Cobbler.  The Cobbler was a very odd movie.  I wouldn't really recommend it.  Wild was actually pretty good.  I've just been laying on the couch this evening because I am feeling a little dehydrated.  When I get up too fast, the room spins and I'm in a daze of sorts.  I'm hoping I can catch up on my fluids and I won't be too bad in the morning.  For now....I'm just going to be lazy and slowly drink my fluids.  Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy that you guys have a wonderful family lined up to rent your house. I do hope that it works out with them.
    It's nice that Cyndee is going to let you live with her so you guys can still keep your home up on the hill. :)

    ReplyDelete