Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Monday April 11

Today was a good day!!  My biopsy results came back and everything looks good.   So far, no signs of rejection.  The doctors are going to slowly take away my iv antibiotics and transition me to pills so that when I go home I won't be hanging iv meds constantly.  

I was given permission to eat a full liquid diet which consists of puréed or cream soups, ice cream, yogurt, any beverages, cream of wheat and things of that consistency.  




It's a terrible picture of me but I'll share anyway.

I ate a little bit and so far so good.  I didn't have any nausea, vomiting or side effects so far from eating.  We are taking baby steps but are slowly moving in the right direction!!!   I'm just taking each day as it comes and each hurdle one at a time.  

Around lunchtime a doctor came in and asked me if I would mind if he sent in some first time medical students to get my history and examine me.  I agreed and about an hour later two students came in and did an exam, asked me a bunch of questions and took a lot of notes.  Apparently I'm an interesting case so they decided to choose me.

I also wanted to thank everyone again for the cards and get well wishes!!!   Colin has been hanging them on my wall here at the hospital and all of the nurses keep commenting on how much I am loved.  It makes me smile every time I look at the wall.   We have filled one wall and are starting to fill another!!


Today should be pretty uneventful.  I'm going to focus on walking today.  I will post more later.   Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment