Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday April 10

Sorry I have been MIA.  I've been really exhausted the past couple of days.

Friday was a good day.  I had a couple of visitors.  My friend Matt came to the hospital and hung out for a few hours.   He and Colin left around dinner.  After they left my Uncle JIm and Aunt Beth stopped for a couple of hours.   They flew into Pittsburgh to visit with Honey in Altoona for the weekend so on their way back to the airport they stopped at the hospital to see me.  I was also able to eat clear liquids!!   Making baby steps but I'm headed in the right direction.   It was a very good day!   (Ignore my fat face!)

Saturday Cyndee and Brooke came to visit.   They spent the day at the hospital with me.  They left a little before dinner so Colin could grab a couple of things at the store and so they could get some dinner.  Everything on my labs were good but my hemoglobin was low so they had to give me some more blood.  They also started giving me some of my medicine orally instead of through my iv.   So far I've been tolerating everything pretty well.  I colored in my coloring book for a little bit and of course couldn't stop until I was done with the page.  The air in my room is so dry that I woke up in the middle of the night with a nosebleed.  I was joking with the nurse that I just got blood earlier in the day and my body can't afford to lose any more!  

Today was a pretty good day as well.   Brooke and Cyndee came in with Colin around 8:30.  I had already done three laps in the hallway by the time they got here.  Colin brought bagels for he nurses for breakfast. They really enjoyed them.   It was really sweet of him. He also surprised me with stuff to do my nails.  I have to keep my nails short now so that nothing gets under them.  So no more bright polishes for me because I have stubs for nails.

Cyndee and Brooke left around 10.   They made it home safe and sound.  It was really nice having them visit.   They were also able to force Colin to eat real food.   They went to Linghorn for dinner Saturday and they went and got breakfast this morning.   Colin has been eating hospital food for the past two weeks so I'm sure it's getting old and it's probably not too appetizing.

I colored another picture and we layed down and took a nap.  My nurse Nicole scattered my medicine a little bit so I wouldn't be interrupted.  Colin and I both fell asleep for about 2 hours.  Neither of us are sleeping well.  Colin left around dinner so he could take care of some things at the house.  I of course colored some more.  I am ready for bed.  My biopsy is at 6:30 tomorrow morning so I will update then.   Have a good night!!!   Sweet dreams!!


No comments:

Post a Comment