Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Thursday April 6

Today was a pretty good day all in all.  I was able to wash my hair for the first time.   It felt awesome!!!!   I still can't shower yet but I can take sponge baths.   I cleaned myself up and went for a walk. 

My hemoglobin levels came up.   The doctors seem pretty happy with my progress.   All the labs look good.   The biopsy results came back and so far my new intestines are healthy and functioning.  

Even better news.....


I was able to eat a Popsicle!!!    It was amazing!!!  I may be able to start on other fluids later this week.  

I have no tests scheduled until next week so the rest of this week is just going to be focusing on walking and getting strong enough to go home.   

I did 2223 walking steps today and was able to do 20 stairs so physical therapy no longer has to see me and has signed off on my care.  Making progress!   I will post more tomorrow.  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment