Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday April 4

Sorry I haven't posted the past couple of days.  I was really not feeling well on Saturday and was recouperating yesterday from my tough day.

Here's my update for today :)

I had a new Picc line inserted first thing this morning.   It was pretty quick and painless.   I had the central line removed from my me know so I feel a little more free now!!!   It was hard having iv's hooked into my neck.  I felt like they were constantly pulling and I was paranoid I was going to rip them out.

After that I came back to my room.  I received a lot of goodies today at the hospital and over the weekend as well.  A huge stack of cards came in the mail today.  Thank you to everyone who sent cards.  I will be honest though.....I cried a lot when reading them because I was so overwhelmed with the kind words and the prayers.   

I jumped a little ahead with that so I'm going to backtrack a little.   Saturday I had a surprise visit from Ashley.  She brought me some gifts from the Schavins family as well as this beautiful art piece with notes from everyone who participated in the craft event that Kelly had a few weekends ago.   


Colin took it back to the apartment to hang it up there. There really isn't anywhere to put it in my tiny little room.   It's so creative and thoughtful.   Thank you!!




Back to today.  They sent me down to radiology to get a small bowel follow through.  It's a test where you drink a bunch of barium-type liquid and they take pictures every 10-15 minutes until the liqiud makes it the whole way through and they are able to check the "connection sights" and make sure there's no leaking, perferation and to check the overall function of the small intestine.  We went down around 1:45 and got back to my room about 4:30.  Most of the liquid was staying in my stomach so it took a while to get through the first connection.  Once they got to the connection site and watched it at a couple different angles they sent me back to my room but said I will have to get a few more X-rays so they will just send the portable one to my room.  

They came in twice to X-ray me so far.  It's nice because I don't have to be transported back and forth between scans and I was starting to get really uncomfortable.  

At this point I'm doing ok.   I had a long day of being tossed from test to test and bed to bed.  I'm settled in for the night.  

Tomorrow I have another biopsy.  They are going to do two a week for now.  I will do my best to post more tomorrow.   Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment