Wednesday, October 12, 2016

10/12

While I was pacing the hallways before Heather's surgery, I ran into Dr. Cruz. He pulled me aside and said "Everything's gonna be alright". Again, I believed him. That man has done more for Heather and I than anybody can ever imagine. So, not that I don't say it every day,  but thank you Dr. Cruz...you truly are a master of your craft. 

In true Heather fashion, she turned a five hour surgery into three and came through it well. Dr. Cruz delivered on his promise he made back in March and was able to reconnect her.  He also removed some scar tissue and a pocket of fluid he found, but all in all said everything looked "good and healthy". Heather is in recovery now and will be moved to a floor later this evening.  The hospital stay looks to be between 7 and 10 days with emphasis on the latter. She'll have a tube in her nose pumping stuff out of her stomach until probably Friday or Saturday, so talking may be a bit much.

 I'll do my best to update this as I get news,  but I'm hoping she'll be able to do it herself...

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment