Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Monday October 17

Was up all night between the iv antibiotics, iv meds, pain meds, supplements, waiting on iv team to put tpa in my picc line etc.   they were in and out of my room all night into the morning.   I was low on a bunch of suppplements again so they started them extra early.  Around 4:30am.   I got the urge to have a bowel movement.  I went into the bathroom and did!!!   My first bowel movement in about 2.5 years!!!!   I was so excited that I took a picture and sent it in a text message to Colin.   Not too many people can really understand how exciting such a minor thing (to them) can be when you are in my situation.  

Colin came in around 6.  The docs made their rounds around 9 or so and said that everything looks good so far.  I'm still on a liquid diet but haven't had too much of an appetite anyway.   I'm on so much iv fluid that it's coming right back out.   Sorry I went into detail with it!!   It's just a huge milestone for me that some will understand.  

The day was pretty uneventful otherwise.  I wanted to share my good news.    Have a good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment