Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday October 9

Woke up early and took my meds.  Layed back down and watched tv for a little bit.  Colin came in to the bedroom to tell me he was going for a bike ride.  About 10 minutes later he came through the door and told me he went to get his bike out of the garage and it's gone.   Someone stole a bunch of bikes out of the garage.  They cut chains and locks off of them and everything.  Luckily mine wasn't stolen.    He's going to report it to the leading agency tomorrow and call the police to make a report as well.  He ended up leaving and going for a walk instead so that he could cool off a little bit.

I stayed in bed.  I'm not allowed to eat anything today but I'm allowed to have clear liquids until midnight.  I have to do a colon prep today so I have to be close to the bathroom at all times.   Sounds like fun!!  Doesn't it?  Luckily it's an easy prep.  I don't have to drink anything nasty or take anything.  I just have to do 4 enemas.  I did the 1st one at 11, the second at 1:30, the third at 4:30 and I'm doing the fourth at 8.  So far everything is working ok.  Moving in the right direction.  

I got out of bed to shower after I did my 4:30 enema.   I showered and changed my ostomy bag and cleaned my ostomy really well.  Praying that this is the last time I will ever have to use an ostomy bag for the rest of my life and that God will give me the strength to get me through surgery and everything goes well.   I will also pray for my doctors to give them the knowledge and expertise to get me through this.   This is going to be a very stressful week but it will all be ok in the end.  

Tomorrow is my colonoscopy.  We have to be at the hospital at 6.   Tuesday I have to go to clinic for more labs to be drawn.   We have to be there at 6.   Wednesday is surgery!!!!!  Surgery is scheduled for 8am but they want us there at 6 to prep for it.   Surgery is going to take 4-6 hours depending on what they find, if they find anything etc.   They are going to close me up and close my ostomy.  They are also going in a little deeper and are looking for adhesions (scar tissue) or blockages that can't be seen on an X-ray.  He said it happens sometimes.  I will try to have Colin update my blog as soon as surgery is done so that everyone knows what's going on.  

I'm going to take my nighttime meds, make myself some sleepy time tea and go to bed.  I will update more tomorrow.   Sweet dreams!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment