Sunday, October 9, 2016

Friday October 7

Woke up at 5.  Got my bags packed up and off we went.   We were at the hospital by 6am.   They took us back around 6:30.   They drew my labs and did some blood work.   I was in a lot of pain so they gave me a shot of pain medicine.  

The nurse came back about an hour later and said they had to give me magnesium.   They gave me a shot of Benadryl because I have a reaction to the mag.  I get really flush, hot and itchy.  They hooked up the mag which runs for two hours.   Then we had to wait for the docs to make their rounds.   They came around 11.   They went over the procedure for my surgery on Wednesday as well as the physical I was going to immediately after my appointment in clinic.   We had a 2:00 scheduled pre-surgery physical.  

After the doctors left we waited until about 1:30 and then went downstairs for my physical.  The doctor doing the physical went over my history.   He went over the ekg I had last week.  He also went over the last X-rays and ct scans I've had as well.   He told me that everything looked good.   He checked my heart and lungs and I was cleared for surgery.

We left the hospital and headed home.  I went to the bedroom to lay down.   Colin got me out of bed to eat dinner.  I got up, ate and went back to bed.  I took my meds and layed down.  I just layed there until I fell asleep.

I have the weekend off so let's see what it brings!   Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment