Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tuesday October 11

Woke up and went to clinic.  We were there at 6.   They called us back and drew my labs.   Bill stopped in and went over a few things for surgery tomorrow.  He said that we were free to go when they were done.   The nurse changed my dressing and discharged us.   It was about 8 when we were set free.   It was pretty awesome!!!

We got home and I got in the shower and did my first hobo lenses shower.   As I was getting  dressed my phone rang.   It was Jennifer (my transplant coordinator).   She was calling to tell us she knows they discharged us but we had to go back to sign it the consent for surgery.   We had to do it today so she can fax it to the appropriate departments and there won't be any delays tomorrow.  
Terence
We headed back to the hospital.  When we got  there rwe went into the clinic.  I explained the situation and she told us to sit in the waiting room.   I sat down and called Jennifer.  She said she would be up to get us in about 10 minutes,   She came to the waiting area andtook us to a clinic room.  She said Dr Cruz would be in when he was done with the patient he was currently with.   He came in and went over what he is planning to do.  He went over what meds to take in the morning.  The OR is scheduled for 8.  We have to be at the hospital at 5;30.   Its going to take about 4-6 hours.  I'm going to have Colin update the blog after surgery so keep an eye out for updates.  Please say a prayer for me.   Sweet dreams!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment