Monday, June 29, 2015

6/29

Well I can finally exhale after holding my breath for the last 2 1/2 hours. Heather is in recovery and doing well. She should be back in her room in the next hour or two.

I just had a consult with Dr. Sogawa. He seems like a good man, between him and Dr. Cruze they are the best in the world at what they do. I was informed that the surgery went well, and that heathers one and a half feet of intestine was in fact twisted. In an effort to prevent this again, they realigned the intestine and moved her stoma to the other side. They also took a liver biopsy and said it looked good...to the eye that is... I'm sure they'll run a battery of tests on it. All in all it went well, the scar tissue was not as bad as they thought it might be,  and everything in there looks healthy. Heather will probably rest the rest of this evening and be up and Adam in the morning. If there are any new developments I will update this again.

-Colin

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad everything went well! Thanks for the update. We're planning on coming to visit on Thursday, if she's up for it. Give her a hug from us. :)

    The Miller Clan

    ReplyDelete