Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday June 16

I was finally moved from the ER to a room early this morning around 2:30am.  It took a couple of hours to get me settled into my room.  The poor nurses had to fight their usual fight with the pharmacy to allow me to use my tpn.   They finally got the doctors involved and the nurse was able to hook it up.  I was given all my meds and they closed my door.  The last time I looked at the clock it was about 5:30.  I finally fell asleep.

Around 7:15, the surgeon came in to talk to me.  He said he didn't think surgery was necessary at this point but they are going to keep an eye on me and is going to have Lancaster Gastro follow up with me.  Around 9, Dr. Johnston came into my room.  Dr. Johnston is the doctor that was on call when my disaster happened in December.  He along with Dr. Chory saved my life That night. I have a special place for him in my heart.  

Dr. Johnston explained that I have an obstruction.  It's not a simple obstruction (because...why would it be?). There is scar tissue on the outside of what is left of my small intestine and it's basically "choking" the are where it is located.  He said a lot of times it resolves on its own.   We touched base with Mary and let her know I was admitted for the obstruction.   She asked the doctors to overnight a DVD with the ct scan on it.   She's going to compare it to the scan in January when I had an obstruction.  If it's in the same location and is behaving the same as the previous one, they may have to operate.  If I need surgery, she thinks it should be done in Pittsburgh so that they can be absolutely sure there is nothing that could effect me being listed for the transplant.  It's all very nerve racking. 

So....the rest of my day today consists of pain and nausea control.  That's really all they can do for now.   I should know more tomorrow or Thursday.   

On a lighter note.  I met this sweet girl through Facebook on Sunday who is interested in the house.   She started to follow me and read this blog.  She stopped into the hospital today because she knew I was admitted and brought me this absolutely gorgeous bouquet of flowers.   She is such a sweetheart.  


Aren't they beautiful?!?! 

Well...there's not much more to say.  I'm just going to chill out and hopefully I will start to feel better.  Please say a prayer that I will not need surgery and that this obstruction will resolve on its own.  Sweet dreams!!  Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment