Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thursday 6/4/14

Yesterday was my birthday!!  I had a pretty good day.  I had an easy morning.  I got up, changed my lovely ostomy bag, took off my iv, showered, did some laundry and even did the dishes :)  My friend Brynn came over on her lunch break.  It was nice to sit down and chat with her.  She's another one of my biggest supporters!  She always knows what to say to make me feel better.

After Brynn left, I got ready for dinner.   Colin had to go in to work extra early this morning so he wasn't able to go to dinner.   My dad was out of town for work, so he missed dinner as well.  I went with mom, Amber, Shawn, Courtney, Bobby, Carter and Caden.  We had a really good time.  Even though I'm not really able to "eat" like a normal person, it was nice to sit down and have family time.

Carter refused to smile in this picture because he wanted to sit with me by himself!  I love these boys to death!!  My family means the world to me!  After dinner, my mom took me shopping for a few things.  She is determined to get me in a bathing suit and get me in the pool this summer.  We will see how that works out.  We didn't get home until almost 9:30 last night.  

As soon as I got home, I took my nighttime medicine, hooked up my TPN iv and got ready for bed.  I couldn't fall asleep to save my life.   I was still awake when Colin got up at midnight to go to work.  I didn't fall asleep until almost 4 this morning.  I was having a lot of abdominal pain and was really nauseous.   I took another dose of my nausea medicine and finally fell asleep.  I didn't wake up this morning until 11.  I got up, fed the dogs and went right back to bed because I was still really not feeling well.  Colin came home and gave me my iv fluids to put on.  I put them on and laid back down.  He finally came upstairs around 4 and made me get up and move around a little.  I took a shower and that helped, but I'm still not feeling all that well.  It's about 7 and I'm back in my pjs and am going to go back to bed.  I have such an exciting life!  

Until tomorrow.   Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment