Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday June 7

Today was my beautiful niece Libby' birthday party.  I woke up early this morning, picked up the twins and met Mehgan at That Fish Place.  She was In town for a brief visit so I was only able to spend an hour with her but I was happy to have that hour with her.  We walked around the fish place with a mission which originally was to purchase two frogs I promised Grayson because I missed his party in April.  The back story to that is that he wanted a turtle.  When we took him to get one they only had larger turtles.  They were way to big for his fish tank so he understood that it just wouldn't work out.  When I got there today... They had just received a smaller red eared slider.  Since I knew that's what he really wanted and that he was sort of bummed that he couldn't get one before, I decided to surprise him.  

I dropped the twins off at home and headed to Brooke's for Libby's party.  I took Libby's gifts in the house and said hello to everyone.  Then I grabbed Grayson and took him outside to give him his surprise (I didn't want to take away from Libby's party).  He was super surprised and grateful.  It was very rewarding to make him as happy as he was.  

We had lunch and then it was time for Libby to open her presents.  

(Ignore Max's feet in the corner of the photo)

I have never seen a child more appreciative and grateful as this precious little girl.  She just turned four.  She would scream excitedly with everything she opened and would thank everyone for every little thing.  She screamed several times "This is the best day ever!"   It was adorable.  We did the cake and then I decided to head home because I wasn't feeling well.  

I went home and rented the Boy Next Door with Jennifer Lopez.  Pretty standard movie.  The ending was very predictable.  I watched some tv, put on my iv and now I'm laying in bed.  Nothing too exciting.  Have a full afternoon takes a lot out of me.  

I'm hoping to fall asleep quickly tonight.  Wish me luck!   Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Grayson couldn't be happier! He came home from his soccer picnic and played with "Shelly" right away, and has been reading about how to care for turtles all night. You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete