Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thursday June 18

After I typed up my message in the blog last night I got a surprise visitor.  Dr. Chory!   He saw my name on the surgical consult so he stopped in my room to see me.  It was a pleasant surprise.  He gave me a huge hug and sat down on my bed.  We talked about things for a half hour.  He said he will stay in touch with Pittsburgh so that he knows what is going on and where we stand with surgery.  It was nice to see him.  He gave me a huge hug when he left and he told me he loves me.  I owe my life to this man!  I will never forget him and I will never let him forget me.  I felt a little better mentally after I saw him.  

Last night I woke up about every two hours or so in horrible pain.  The nurse last night came in a couple of times to check on me because she knew I wasn't getting any sleep.  She was giving me medicine to keep me company but for some reason it just wasn't working.  

I had a surprise visit early this morning too!  It was Katy.  She is a third shift nurse on the 8th floor where I'm usually admitted.  Katy is one of my favorite nurses that I have had throughout all of my hospitalizations.  She is extremely uplifting.  We chatted for a little bit.  She sat down with me, we held hands and she prayed for me.  
I feel like Katy was brought into my life for a reason.  We have a connection that was almost instant.  She is always checking on me and has a way of talking me through a difficult time.  When all of this is said and done, I am sure Katy and I will be friends.  Katy.....if you are reading this, thank you!  

The doctor came in around 9 this morning and told me they are still waiting for Dr. Cruz to review the ct scan and get back to them.  He's hoping that we will know something more tomorrow.  The waiting sucks.  I feel like I have to constantly wait on things.  My patience is beginning to wear thin.  I pray every night for patience.  After the doc came in, I took a shower and went for a walk to get things moving.  I took a little nap and then Colin showed up.  We were researching some things for the golf tournament.  He left and I watched a movie on Netflix.  

Mom stopped in to see me after she was done with work.  She stayed a couple of hours and went home.  I'm just laying in bed right now and praying that they will have answers for me.  I will touch base tomorrow.  Until then.....goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment