Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday June 25

So....last night they came into my room at 9:00 pm and informed me that I was being transported in a half hour.  That's about when two paramedics showed up at my room with a stretcher.  Luckily I had organized my stuff earlier in the day in preparation to be transported. They strapped ne on the gurney and put me in the ambulance.



Once in the ambulance the paramedics were talking to me for a while.  I ended up falling asleep before we even got on the turnpike.  I woke up when we were twenty minutes away from the hospital.

They took me right to my room and got me settled in quickly.  It was about 2:30 am.   This morning I woke up and met with the doctors.   They decided to send me for more testing before they schedule the surgery.  

I was taken for testing around 1:30.   They pit a rubber catheter into my stoma and used it to fill my intestine with contrast.  Once it was full of contrast they took pictures.  Afterwards they emptied it out again and replaced my bag with a new one.

I slept most of the afternoon.   The doctor stepped back in early in the evening to tell me that they are going to sit down tomorrow as a team and review the testing.  At that point they will decide what they are going to do as far as surgery is concerned.  I felt like they were telling me that there's a chance i may not need surgery.

My dad is coming tomorrow.  I should know more then.  I will keep you posted!'  

1 comment: