Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday June 9

Well.... I was admitted to the hospital last night.  I was really hoping to be able to ride it out but I just couldn't do it.  I was dry heaving a lot.  The dry heaving of course didn't help the abdominal pain.  My breaking point was when I started to vomit close to a half of a liter of Stomach acid.  Once it started coming out I couldn't get it to stop.  It was a horrible night.  I finally gave in and called Dr. Harborson and explained my situation.  He sent me to the hospital.  He said to go past the ED and he was direct admitting me so I didn't have to wait in the er for hours.

I got to the hospital and was in my room within twenty minutes of arriving.  It was very stress free which was a good thing because I was vomiting most of the time.  I had a rough night.  I was getting lots of emails from friends checking in.  I slept very little.  The nurses come in and out all night the first night to make sure I am stable and ok to get up and moving on my own. 

Today was a day of laying in bed and being medicated.  The doctors are giving me phenergan and zofran for the nausea and vomiting and fentinol and dilodid for pain.  All four of these medications will knock you out on their own, so you can only imagine what mixing them does.  It puts me in a zone but it still doesn't help me sleep.  It also helps with the pain for about two hours, then it wears off.  It's after 10:30pm and I'm still nauseous and dry heaving.  

My day has been pretty boring.  I am going to lay in bed and hope that this subsides overnight and I am feeling well enough to possibly go home tomorrow.   Big dreams!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment