Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday June 15

Well...my morning started out great.  I'm sure you can all feel my sarcasm.  My home nurse came to change the needle in my port.   She tried the first time ....and missed.   She pulled it out, repositioned it and tried again...she missed.  She pulled it out, re-cleaned the area, got a different needle and missed again.  She moved it around and FINALLY got it in the right position.  

She drew 14 vials of blood again.   Afterwards I got really sick.  I had to cancel most of the showings of the house and ended up in the emergency room.  

We got to the emergency room around three.  They are super crowded.  We didn't get taken back to a room until close to 7.  I'm still sitting in the emergency room.   They did a ct scan and more bloodwork.  I'm currently waiting on the results.  

One major complaint....why on earth is it ok for people to go to the emergency room for a cold or cough or sore throat.  These people for some reason can't call and make a standard doctors appointment and instead bog down the er and the people with true emergencies are forced to wait even longer.   What is wrong with this picture?   It seems like one out of every three people in here should be going to a family practice and not the hospital.  It is extremely frustrating for me to watch this every time I am here for a true emergency.   LGH really needs to re-evaluate the way they do things.   I feel terrible for people I see that are in obvious pain and are having obvious issues and they are being forced to wait because someone that came in ahead of them has a cold.   

Well...my venting session is over.  I'm still waiting for results but will keep you posted.  Until then.   Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment