Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday July 24

Rough night last night.  I was interrupted a lot throughout the night and am seriously sleep deprived.  My doctor came in and I begged her to discharge me.  After giving her "puppy dog eyes" as she referred to them as, and much pleading she finally gave in.  The agreement was that I would stay until my fluids were done around 3:00.   She gave me a lot of prescriptions. Colin came in and took me home.  Exciting!!

Mom came and picked me up to take me to get my prescriptions and to take me to get a dress for tomorrow.  We went to CVS and dropped off the scripts.   The. We headed to the mall.  We went to NY and Co.   I tried on about the 10 or so dresses and found one that fits well and hides my bag well. 

I was wearing my Heathers Hope for Health tshirt.  A man and his wife stopped me in the parking lot and were asking what the shirt was for.  He asked me if I have faith and we talked about that for a while.  He asked me if he could give me something.  I told him I appreciate it but it wasn't necessary.  I gave him the information for the transplant site and told Hume he could donate there and follow my story if he wished.  He said he would rather give me a donation now that he didn't really use the computer for that sort of thing.  I told him he could but it absolutely wasn't necessary.  He told me that he wants to donate and asked if I would please accept his gift.   This man who I just ran into in the parking lot outside of Boscovs gave me every bit of cash he had in his wallet.  I thanked him and shook his hand.   He and his wife said they would pray for me.  Such a wonderful experience.  

I got home and there was a gift in the mail for me from an old friend that I lost contact with.  She sent me this beautiful necklace.  What a thoughtful person.
Isn't it beautiful?!?

I also received a message from someone I don't know on Facebook.   Her name is Stephanie:   She sent me a beautiful note on Facebook and it turns out I went to school with her husband.  Stephanie was a nurse on the floor I was just discharged from.  She was going to stop in and see me but I was discharged.  She said she will keep in touch with me.   What a wonderful surprise!!

Now I'm laying on the couch and getting ready for bed.  It's good to be home!  

Pray for me tonight that I can stay out of the hospital and that I have the will power to get through this.  Until tomorrow.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment