Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wednesday July 22

My pick line is still leaking.   The iv team here at the hospital are perplexed.  I may have to go for another test that would consist of them injecting the pick line with contrast and following it the whole way to my heart.  It would show if there are any blood clots at all.  I'm waiting for Julie my PA to contact them and let me know what the next step is.  I'm basically being told that it could just be fluids I'm retaining that have built up in that area and then the fluid comes out the insertion point of the pick because it's an exit point OR it could be a thrombosis (blood clot).  

They are leaning toward the extra fluids being the cause.   Fingers crossed that it's that simple.  Makes me nervous because it's all enclosed and the fluids are just sitting under the dressing.  It's a bacteria's dream.  I'm still getting over the blood infection and I don't want another one because someone doesn't know what to do.  It's frustrating.

Enough about that.  I took 4 walks so far today.  I'm trying to build up my strength to hopefully get out of here tomorrow.  I really don't want to miss the benefit being held in my honor on Saturday.  I am going to take it easy until then.  

This evening will be uneventful hopefully.  I'm going to try to take a nap since I didn't sleep last night.  I will update again either tonight or tomorrow.   Until then..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment