Sunday, July 26, 2015

Saturday July 25

Woke up in the morning feeling pretty good.  Had a little mishap with my bag when I changed it the new one wouldn't stick.  It was awful.  It took me about two hours to get it to cooperate.  

I showered and got dressed for the day.  I looked in the mirror and realized my eyebrows needed done.  I asked Colin to take me to the nail place to get an eyebrow wax.  He said he would take me to supercuts because it's closer so that's where we went.  They had a sign that they did hilights so we inquired about it and decided it would be something fun since I had a big day ahead of me.  The girl started my hilights and we were talking.  I told her a shortened version of my story.  When we got to the register to pay she only charged me $35.00.  It was awesome!  She was very sweet.

After the hair, Colin thought I should go to the nail place to get my nails done.  I had a manicure and polish change on my toes.  I painted them a green.  It was a nice treat.  

Alesha came over around 3:00 and did my hair and makeup for the event.  We left around 5:30 and headed over.  I wanted to be there early so that I could greet all of my supporters.   When we got there I walked upstairs and was completely overwhelmed.   There was an abundance of food, drinks, raffle prizes and auction items.   The generosity of the community was amazing.  I can't believe everything my friends did!!  The place looked like a wedding and everything they did was for me.  It is mind-boggling.  I sat at the front desk to greet people as they were coming in.  There was a line down the steps to the point of not being able to see the end.  I tried to personally thank those who were there that I had never met and I also greeted those who I know and am friends with.   I felt like I needed to be in 10 places at once!  The abundance of people who were there for ME melted my heart.  

There are a few people who went above and beyond to make the night a success for me.   Jeremy Goodhart, Janel Goodhart, Brynn Kreider, Lisa Humphreville and Sam Seiford.  These people worked so hard to make the night a success.  I owe them the world!  They went above, beyond and then some!!  If you guys are reading this just know that I LOVE you for everything you did!  

The dj - Greg Fossler did an amazing job!  Bryan Klugh and Troy Benn did an amazing job on the website www. Hope4Heather.org.  They were also all instrumental in making the night a success!

I also want to point out that Colin did a lot for me.  He was checking on me all evening and he helped man some of the stations.  He was also overwhelmed with the number of people.  

I was ok for the most part when greeting people. I cried as soon as I saw my parents.  They have this effect on me sometimes πŸ˜‰. I cried because I was so happy that they came to support me and to see everything my friends did for me.  I wiped my tears and tried not to ruin the makeup Alesha did so beautifully.   A few minutes later my brother and Courtney showed up.  Once again I was waterworks.  Then Amber and Bobby came with the twins.  Waterworks again.  I wiped my eyes and pulled myself together.  

We had a lot of people paying cash at the door.  The unofficial count of the number of people who came is close to 200!!   Astounding!   Once the crowds died down, I went in to the banquet area to mingle.  While doing this I started to feel weak and everything was tingling.  I was super nauseous and having a lot of pain.  I tried so hard to put on a face that didn't show how I was feeling physically.  I was trying to sit when I was feeling it and get up when necessary.  

Before I knew it, it was time for the raffles. I was put on stage and pulled the numbers so I could be involved.  Sitting there, looking at the sheer volumes of people was paralyzingly.  Once again the waterworks started.  I kept it under control pretty well and quickly pulled myself together.  After all the raffles were over, I was definitely starting to feel bad.  The pain was getting worse and the nausea meds were quickly wearing off.   Amber was watching me like a hawk at all times and kept me in line.  She's my mother when my mom isn't there.  

Originally I had planned on speaking, but I just couldn't do it with how I was feeling.  I decided it was time to go home.  Jeremy was awesome and made an announcement and thanked everyone for their generosity.  I left the stage and said goodbyes along the way until I made it to the door.  I definitely needed to leave at that point.   I got in the car with Cyndee and she took me home.  I got home, took my meds, laid down and fell asleep within 15 minutes.  

The night couldn't have gone any better.  My heart is full with the support, love and prayers from those that I know and even people I don't who decided to come out and support me.   Thank you to everyone for coming!!   You made the night one of the best nights of my life!  You also made this transplant a little easier for me for the future.  THANK YOU!  I love you all!!! πŸ’œ❤️πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’—
Ps- pics to come a little later

No comments:

Post a Comment