Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday July 21

Not much new to report today.  I have been having issues with my pick line leaking.  A different nurse came in this morning to check it out.   She spoke with Julie my PA and they decided it needed to be replaced.  
Colin came in so that he could be here while they were changing it out.  

Around lunchtime I was taken down to the procedure area and was prepped.  They took me into an OR and "fished" a wire into my PICK and pulled the one in there out.   Then they used the "fished" wire to guide a new one in.  I was told that it wouldn't hurt.....well....they were wrong.  It hurt.  I laid on the table in pain with tears streaming down my face until they were done.  The procedure went well and the new PICK seems to be working well (so far).

Jeremy stopped in again today while I was out of my room so I missed him.  It was nice of him to visit again.   It's always nice to see different faces.  I returned to my room.  There is this sweet nurse's aide that I had yesterday.  I complimented her on her nail polish yesterday bc it's a really different shade of green.  When I got back to my room she stopped with a bottle of nail polish.  She went shopping and they had the color at the store so she bought it for me.   Such a sweetheart.  It was a nice surprise.  

Mom came in to visit and to spend some time with me before she goes over to my brother's house for dinner.  Today is Courtney's birthday so mom is going over there later to give her a gift and spend some time with her. 

I just got done painting my nails with my new polish!  I'm so excited about it.  I plan on just chilling out the rest of the evening since I'm still nauseous and in pain. I will update tomorrow.   Hopefully I have some good news.  Until then...goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment